Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Car Birthday Card...

Hey Ya'll,
Got another one for you today.  This one was lots of fun to put together.  First of all, I LOVE the Heirloom Imagine Cartridge!  The papers used in this design (Except solids) are all from this cartridge!  There is this great page of antique car blue prints.  I used this for the main mat.  The design is so close to the car on the Wrap it Up cartridge (new one for us).
 The car is cut at a width of 7.75 and all layers are the same size.  I used a label shape from the Imagine built in shapes for the mats.  Everything is inked using Cocoa ink.  I picked up some great things (Let's face it... I was depressed and went overboard) so I have drawers full of amazing things from Anna Griffin's Big Sale.  One of the things was this amazing gold metal frame.  It was a big box full of all different shapes and sentiments.  Once I had it added to the car, I used Crackle Accents on the wood of the car, but also in the frame.  This looks like cracked glass for the sentiment!  If you blow up the picture below, you can tell.  It's really great and the first time I have used this stuff, but I love it!!!
 I used glossy accents here and there on the car and wheels.  I also added a blue argyle ribbon at the top.
For the inside, repeated the mats and added a white one.  Inked everything inside too.  Overall, I loved the way this card turned out.  The more I use the Imagine, the more I love using it.  I could never give up the Expression (now the E2), but I really am so blessed to have that Imagine machine.  It gets more fun with every use.  Thanks so much for visiting today and please let me know what you think of this card.  Hope you like it as much as we did.

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card. Whoever you send it to is in fro a real treat as the cards you design are just awesome. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love tis one. I have a thing for old cars. They're just so cool. Love that new stuff you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my...oh my...oh my! What an amazing card, this is just fabulous! I looooove all those wonderful layers and mats and patterns..oh my! The little gold frame is perfect as is the Crackle on the car! So many amazing little details...just a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!!! That card is amazing!!! I swear you guys are getting better and better!!! Or should I say "bester and bester"... lol!!!

    Whatever, I love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card. What else can I say. You always amaze me. I may have to scraplift this one, as if I could. It will look nothing like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this card! I have the Heritage Imagine cartridge.... but I haven't used it yet! You've inspired me to check it out now! LOVE that car! :o)
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete