Thursday, August 18, 2011

Cards with Scraps!

Hey Ya'll,
So... do you have that drawer in your Jetmax cubes, or that plastic desk organizer, that you fill with your scrap cuts of paper and someday soon you are going to find a use for them???  Well, do ya???  DUH!  Right?  So, is that drawer holding about 2 years full of scraps and someday still hasn't made it?  Hee! Hee!  I thought so... why?  Because MINE IS THE SAME WAY!!!!  So... over the next few days, I am going to share some clean up projects.  This is the first of many... I hope you love them all.  This has been a really fun project.
 For this card, I used several papers that I had 12" long strips left over.  Picked out several that looked good together and trimmed then all into strips that are 1 1/2 inch wide.  I took a sheet (those kind that are the cover page on paper packs) and ran a strip of ATG down one side.  I then started weaving the strips of paper and lightly taking them down one at a time.  You may have to blow the picture up to see it, but I then ran in between each strip with the sewing machine and a zig zag stitch to make it look like it was quilted!  Cool, huh?  I used a couple of Martha punches to make lace strips and then used a piece of Martha ribbon (got on clearance 2 years ago and never opened).  I added a couple of flowers that I won in some blog candy a long time ago and another flower from a clearance trip to M's recently.  The butterfly is from Anna Griffin's floral stamp collection (HSN) and I actually stamped and colored it!  YAY!  I also added a ribbon and a scrap piece of a white doily heart from Valentine's Cards.
On the inside, I used more of the quilted and stitched paper and a simple sentiment mat.  This card was loads of fun!  I even used the scraps from this card's background mats to make the next card I am going to share with you!  Hope you like it.  I would love to hear your comments and would love to know if you have tried this before!  Thanks for visiting today!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my good gracious! What a pretty, pretty card, I love those little quilt squares! This turned out so, so pretty and YES, I have a basket full of little scraps that I have the very best intentions of using "one day". I have tried the fake quilting look, you know...tape down the squares and use a gel pen for some fake stitching. But, I've never tried weaving the strips together and sewing them before...your method is soooo much better! Love the look of this and may have to give it a try although my sewing skills leave a lot to be desired :0(

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, this card is gorgeous!!! Amazing! I'm heading to my scrap drawer right now!!! (Not that I can do a card nearly this beautiful, of course) LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is wonderful.... By the way have you been peeking in my JetMax cubes? I will be watching daily as I can't wait to see the awesome things you do with your scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew someone was looking through my scraps!lol That card came out beautiful.I just may have to try that. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, so not only are you a seasoned paper crafter but you're also a seamstress? Oooops, that would be "seamster" for you. LOL Those stitches were perfect. Another gorgeous creation! TFS! :-)

    ReplyDelete