Monday, August 1, 2011

Congrats Linda and Nana Donna!

Hey Ya'll,
Well, we had a little challenge a while back and Ladybug Linda won.  Part of her prize was for me to make her a congrats card using the Imagine cartridge that she won...  so here is what I came up with.
 I used the bark, autumn leaves and daisy pages and printed paper to cut my mats from.  I used a label shape from Lacy Labels to create the window on the front.  I also cut the Congrats from the bark, but the same base blue for the card base, for the shadow.  Everything is inked in Chocolate Ink and then I added some silk flowers with gems and silk butterflies to finish it off.  I know that's kind of cheating, but there were available and the colors went really well.  Hee! Hee!
I kept the inside very simple by using the floral background the same as the front, but I also added a couple of strips of the other two patterns from the front.  Then a simple sentiment mat.  Again, all inked with Chocolate Ink.

Now... I did e-mail Linda...  Three tries now to get this shipped off to her.  One day, the post office closed early.  I hauled fanny to get there after work and they closed early!  Try two... they were out to lunch!  Try three, there was a note on the door saying that the carrier was out sick and they were delivering mail and would be back later that day!  I was on my way to work then!  ARGGG!  And they wonder why USPS is 8 Billion Dollars in debt?!?  Hmmm...  I wonder...  Anyway... I am SOOOO sorry that it has taken so long Linda, but Jill is off today and going to take it as many times as necessary to get it on its way to you!  PROMISE!!!

Well, I hope ya'll like the card.  It's such a crazy time right now and I have lots of projects done, but I am struggling to get the time to post them.  Thanks so much for visiting and I promise... there really is more to come.  Hee!  Hee!

Ok... Something else very special...  One of our Blogger BFF's is celebrating her Blogaversary and her Birthday.  She has a great prize package she is giving away and it would mean so much to us if you would visit her blog and share in the celebration with her.  Just let her know that Cricut Couple and you send some hugs and love!  We would really appreciate it.  If you aren't familiar with Nana Donna's blog, you certainly need to visit.  She is just a fantastic designer and you will love her projects!  Certainly a great blog to add to your follow list!  Thanks so much!
CLICK HERE TO VISIT NANA DONNA'S BLOG

4 comments:

  1. What an awesome card. I think she will love it. and Congratulations to her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG --- I had a simple idea and you completely ran away w/ it! LOL It is simply gorgeous! LOVE it! Thank you sooooo much. Can't wait to get it in my hot li'l hands! :-) Oh, and the cart, too. :-)

    Thanks, again, for picking my idea! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Linda and Nana Donna!!!

    What a simply fabulous card!!! What an inspiration!!! Gotta get back to doing more on my Imagine -- it's just been sitting there looking lonely!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing card, Linda is so lucky to receive it. So much detail and depth to it.

    And AWWW thank you so so very much for sending people to my blog for my Blogaversary, You are so sweet with what you said and yes we are blog BFF :)

    ReplyDelete