Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Dad's Birthday Card...

Hey Ya'll,
Today, I am sharing my Dad's birthday card with you.  This was actually pretty simple to what I normally do, but it's been a wacky couple of months.  This card is more of a play on his big birthday gift.  He got a Kindle for the special day!
 The background paper for this one was printed on the Imagine.  I think this was on the Lori's Garden Cartridge.  The word knowledge and the book shelf are both from Wall Decor and More.  I really love this cartridge!  I did cut the shelf out of a couple of different colors and use a craft knife to separate some of the pieces to make the colors of the books different.  This didn't have as many layers as I usually like.
 I took a couple of opaque markers and some glossy to embellish the books.  I also used glossy on the lettering across the top.  The ribbon is an embellishment ribbon from Anna Griffin.  Love this stuff!
The inside was also kept very simple.  I wrote on the inside... "Knowledge is CRAP!  You just wanted another new gadget!"  He really loved the play on the card and hopefully the gift card to use to order some new books with!  Thanks so much for visiting today!  We would love to know what you think!

6 comments:

  1. This is a great card. And I didn't even know that art work was on that cart! I learn so much blogging and get to see wonderful designs and projects like this one! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this one. I've never used this cut but I love it. I especially loved your message on the inside.I'm sure he did, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always call your cards simple but they look like anything but!!! This card is, as always, amazing! I only wish I could make a card half as beautiful!

    Hugs, my friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Audrey, there is nothing simple about this card. It's so beautiful. You put so much into it. I bet your Dad loved it, especially the inside comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific masculine card! Your dad will surely treasure this :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card! I think it looks fabulous! I bet your dad did too! I don't have this cartridge but I like the cuts you used from it... :o)

    ReplyDelete