Friday, August 12, 2011

Fancy Flower Birthday Card...

Hey Ya'll,
This was a quick birthday card for someone at work.  I didn't have much time, so I kept it very simple on the construction, but tried to make it look really difficult.  Hee! Hee!
 I used the Anna Griffin All Occasion Card kit for this design.  The Happy Birthday sentiment is printed on the computer and then cut in a rectangle and cornered with a rounded corner punch.  The flowers are all 3D flower stickers from the kit.  The butterflies were silk butterflies I had in the stash.  The background mat is a simple blue and then the left and right mats are background card pieces from the kit.  I simply used a MS Border and Corner punch to add some victorian details.
 Here, you can see the layers.  The ribbon on the card is also from Anna's Collection.
The inside was put together the same as the front with a simple sentiment mat.  This was one of the easier projects that I have done, but I was shocked at what a positive reaction it got at work.  Hee! Hee!  You know... you make some things and think... Wow... this really isn't what I can do, but then you realize... don't be so picky!  They always love them.  What matters is trying new things and being as creative as possible, right?  Hee! Hee!  Thanks so much for visiting today!  I would love to know what you think!

4 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card love the detail and the flowers look like they were just picked! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous. It certainly doesn't look simple. The flowers and butterflies look so real. Love it, but then I love everything you guys do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What you call simple and quick would take me 3 weeks to complete!!! This card is gorgeous! And you're right, it looks difficult!

    Love the victorian "flair" to it!

    Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW! It's GORGEOUS! I love the flowers and those butterflies! :o)
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete