Monday, August 8, 2011

Happy Anniversary Card

Hey Ya'll,
This is a card that I made for their anniversary.  It was actually a lot simpler than I thought it would be and I really like the way it turned out.  First of all, the background papers used on this card were printed on the Imagine using the Carnival Art Cartridge.  The frame was cut from using a layer shadow from Storybook and cutting it out in the center using the Gyspy.  The flowers are actually a sun shape cut at all different sizes.  The centers are simple circles.
 I used Crackle paint on the frame and some ribbon on the bottom of the front of the card.  Once the flowers were assembled, I layered them at random until I was happy with the arrangement.
 With the random sizes of sun shapes, I inked everything with a rust colored ink, including the centers of the flowers.  I ran the centers throught the cuttlebug using the the bubbles folder.  I used glossy effects on the centers and then placed random drops on the petals of the sunflowers.  It's not easy to see in the pictures, but it was stunning to see in person.
 For the label on the bottom, I used a frame and label from an Anna Griffin set.  I filled it with glossy effects and it looks like a glass plate.  Turned out to be a really nice accent.
Here is a couple of different views including the inside of the card.  I kept everything on the inside very simple.  Overall, it turned out better than I expected and I can't wait to make some of these flowers for my fall cards this year!  Janice loved her card and told Jill she was putting it in a shadow box.  Hee! Hee!  I guess you can't ask for any better reaction then that.  Hee! Hee!  Thanks so much for visiting today!  We would love to know what you think of it!

8 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous creation! Love those SUNflowers! They turned out beautifully! I agree with your friend and believe that all of your cards should be preserved behind in a shadow box, behind glass...because they are all just gorgeous works of art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS card! You never cease to amaze me with your talent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card. I agree with the lady who received it. I would put it in shadow box too. It's beautiful. I especially love the way you made the Sunflowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!! You are just amazing!!! Your cards SHOULD be put behind glass somewhere!!!

    Those sunflowers look so real; you always do such an awesome job!!!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHat a beautiful, beautiful card - really a work of art! You are amazing at what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way it turned out too! Of course I love all your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How creative to use the sun as a cut for the flowers!... but cannot expect less from you! Gorgeous work!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. GORGEOUS! I LOVE all the layers! Brilliant idea to use the sun as flowers... Fabulous yet again! :o)
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete