Sunday, August 14, 2011

Happy Birthday Pick and Mix Card...

Hey Ya'll,
Well, this one has quite a mix of things, but there is a very good explanation for that.  I HAD NO IDEA WHAT I WANTED TO MAKE!!!  Hee! Hee!  So... basically, this was a bunch of extras or mistakes all put together.  Hee! Hee!
 First of all, the background mat for this card is from the Yummy cartridge on the Imagine.  I thought I had told the machine to print and cut when I picked out this label shape, but it only printed them.  I simply cut them out as mats and used it for the card background and I must say... I kinda like it!  The lacy cut in the background has been sitting in a little tray for about a year.  The spiral roses are left over from a project several months ago.  The flowers are from a clearance jar of flower pieces that I got a M's a really long time ago and never used.  The little bird was from another project way back when I first got the imagine and the Lori's Garden cartridge.  The ribbon pieces are leftovers from other projects that I didn't think would be big enough for another project.  The button?  Lord only knows!  The baker's Twine is BRAND SPANKIN' NEW!  I finally ordered some and I LOVE IT!!!  I added a little glossy here and there to finish it off and the flowers have just a little glitter.
 The colors in the card didn't photograph all that well, but it really turned out pretty and the recipient just loved it.
Simply added a sentiment mat to the inside.  BTW... everything was inked in Chocolate Inck.  Sometimes, if you can't figure out what to do, just start cleaning up the little extras.  They don't always come together, but I think this one kind of did.  Hee! Hee!  Would love to know what you think about it!  Thanks so much for visiting today!

7 comments:

  1. Well, I think that came together quite well! Love it when it works that way, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love when you start out not knowing what you are going to do or use and it turns out this beautiful? LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new look of your blog! :o) Your card is Beautiful! It's amazing how you can just mix and match and it still comes out Fabulous!
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes it's best when we don't have a clear picture in mind. This turned out fantastic. Love using scraps and leftovers. The sign of a true "crafters' heart".

    ReplyDelete
  5. You may not have known where you were going, but you surely did arrive! This is just so, so pretty! Oh my goodness, don't know where to start! Love the flowers, love the twine, love the cute little bird and that gorgeous doily behind it. This card is just so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It most definitely came together beautifully. Sometimes these "happenstance" cards are the prettiest. I love it.

    ReplyDelete