Sunday, August 28, 2011

Love and Blessings...

Hey Ya'll,
Jill has a dear family member who recently had a trip to the hospital.  She needed a quick card to get in the mail for her.  I had some of the scrap trip quilted pages I had made with scraps, but I needed to get something done quick.  Here is what I came up with.
 The Love and Blessings is from the Inspired Heart Lite Cartridge.  I am not sure where the "&" symbol came from, but I welded them together to make one piece.  Behind this, I simply took white paper and used a Martha punch to quickly make the mat.  The flowers and butterflies are the stamp/punch combos from Martha Stewart.  These make very quick flowers.  I simply took a pink strip of paper, grabbed a darker pink ink and stamped a bunch of flowers across the strip.  I immediately punched them out and sat them aside.  I took a cream colored strip (scrap) and used the same pink and stamped and punched the butterflies.
 I took a green strip (scraps too) and used the Martha branch punch and punched a bunch out.  I then just grabbed the scrappy glue and started putting them on the card.  Once arranged, I added a twine bow, used Glossy accents on the sentiment and then some stickles on the butterflies and centers of the flowers.  I then added a few hot rocks in the detailing of the lace punch.
I simply used the same lace punch on white for the inside as there was a lot of things to write.  We haven't heard back from her yet, but we sure hope that this card helped make her feel better.  We would love to hear what you think about it.  Thanks so much for visiting today!

15 comments:

  1. What a lovely card! And to think it was a quickie! Guess that can be done when you are organized and have those mats ready to go. TFS another great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love how you used your scraps. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. FINALLY!!! A card you call "quick" that actually looks doable for me to make!!! LOL!

    It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I love the colors and the lace punch is just lovely. The flowers turned out so pretty. I hope all is well for the patient and I'm sure this card brightened up her day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW! It's BEAUTIFUL! I'm sure it made her feel better real quick! :o)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is how Quickie morphs into Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just lovely! Thanks for joining us this week at My Craft Spot!

    Aymee

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty!!! Love the colors and the stitching! Thanks for playing along with us this week, at My Craft Spot !
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just stunning! Love everything about the card. Thanks for joining the challenge at My Craft Spot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card!! I love the border punch you used along with the stitching and the colors. Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot.

    Hugs,
    Amy
    Scrapping Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so gorgeous! The lace borders are stunning and frame everything so beautifully! Well done!
    Thanks so much for playing along at My Craft Spot!
    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on making top 3 at My Craft Spot!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete