Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Scraps and More Scraps...

Hey Ya'll,
Another one of our scraps cards.  This one was has lots of fun colors.  I wasn't too happy with the photos, but this card is so pretty up close.  This was also done with the strips and sewing.  The Birthday Sentiment was made on the computer and cut out in a rectangle and then hit with a corner punch.
 The doily is from an old Cricut Cut.  The butterfly is from Anna Griffin's floral stamp collection.  The ribbon was a wired ombre ribbon.  This is a 1 1/2 inch wide ribbon that is wired.  I simply took a 1 foot long piece, kinked the wire on one side and then pulled the wire through to create the ruffled circle.  I added it above the doily and then added the flower cuts (old supply).  In the center, I added a rose from some Anna Griffin embellishments.  I also added a bow with a piece of lime green twine.  A little glossy accents on the body of the butterfly and a little bling on the edges finished them off.
The inside mat was very simple so that the strips and sewing stood out.  The recipient of this card loved it!  I was thrilled with the reaction.  I hope you all like it too!  Thanks so much for visiting today!

5 comments:

  1. It's very pretty! I love it when scraps can come together and make a fabulous card! :)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love seeing all these and as soon as I finish my Christmas cards this is what I will be doing! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card!

    AND

    I WANTED TO TELL YOU GUYS THAT YOU HAVE WON THE STAMP SET I HAD ON MY BLOG FROM THE 'MY CRAFT SPOT' BLOG HOP!!! YOU CAN CHECK OUT ALL THE INFO HERE IF YOU'D LIKE:

    http://southernbellescrapper.blogspot.com/2011/08/my-craft-spot-blog-hop-winner.html

    ALSO, PLEASE EMAIL ME YOUR SNAIL MAIL ADDY TO aymee810@yahoo.com SO THAT I CAN GET YOUR PRIZE SENT OUT TO YOU!!! :)

    Aymee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!! I love all the wonderful colors and papers in your card! I don't think I'd be good at combining papers/colors together like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeous card, way to use all those scraps. Using scraps can really be a challenge but as always you pulled it off in grand style
    D

    ReplyDelete