Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Well, they can't all be great. Hee! Hee!

Hey Ya'll,
Well, this card was a request from someone at work to give to her hubby.  He is a musician and a lighting tech for various shows in the area.  Besides Rock Princess, I had nothing to work with for this card... since it is for a guy.  Hee! Hee!  I haven't been this disappointed with a card in quite some time, but gave it to her anyway... I really didn't want to, but didn't want to leave her without a card either.
 For the sentiment, I used Happy Hauntings (Love that font!) and the gypsy to weld everything together.  It was cut with metallic red paper, inked in black and then covered in Glossy Effects.  You can't tell in the pictures, but this almost looks like metallic red automotive paint.  It's a really cool look!
The Guitar is from Indie Art.  I used a lot of glossy effects on this too to try to make it look more real.  The paper used on this card is from JT and printed on the Imagine.  Everything is inked in black ink.  She seemed happy with the card and I hope her hubby likes it, but it was everything I could do to give her that card.  It would be like burning a steak, plating it with raw vegetables, spraying cake icing on top and trying to serve it to Gordon Ramsey!  Hee! Hee!  It was just painful.  Hee! Hee!  Oh well.  You can't like them all, right?  Hee! Hee!  Thanks so much for visiting today!  I promise, the next one will be better!

8 comments:

  1. Remeber beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I am sure he loved this card! It is so hard to make cards for men and this one is a manly card. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought this turned out great, I'm sure he loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it turned out great, Love the background paper. As for Gordon Ransey...I wouldn't want to serve anything to him! Don't you just love his shows?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well...I love it! I think that red hot guitar is awesome and the sentiment turned out fabulous! I love the glossy look of those letters. Way cool card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is a perfect masculine card! I am sure he loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. MY GOD, what do YOU call great?!!! I think this card IS great!!! And I bet the person that requested it will too!!!

    P.S. And you've got the nerve to talk about me... LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so funny. The most important thing is that the person you made it for loved it and apparently they did. Masculine cards are so hard for me to make. I always feel like they're not up to par. LOL It is a very nice card.

    ReplyDelete