Thursday, September 15, 2011

Bun in the Oven...

Hey Ya'll,
I have a really fun one to share with you today!  This one is called "Bun in the Oven".  It was inspired by Aymee over at A Scraphappy Southern Belle.  She made the most adorable baby card using this oven cut from From My Kitchen.  We have a shower later this month at work and I just had to try to recreate her idea, so hopefully, she won't mind the scraplift.  Although, her's turned out a lot better than mine.  To see her original post, click HERE.
 I used Nursery Tails on the Imagine and printed the background papers for this card.  I used a silver metallic paper for the oven mixed with a pink metallic for the door.  I just used the Gypsy and welded a flap on the bottom of the door cut and scored and folded it to make the door.  A little piece of velcro on the inside makes it to where you can open or close it.  I used Birthday Cakes for the font and welded together the words.  I used CTMH Art Philosophy for the label shape behind the text.
I used glossy effects on the font and the knops and handles on the oven.  I cut the little timer for the inside, but I left it very open for everyone at work to sign it.  I just thought this was one of the most clever things I had seen and was completely blank on what I was going to do for her card, so THANK YOU AYMEE!  You really saved me with this one!  I hope you all like my version of it and I would love to hear your comments!

10 comments:

  1. This card is just adorable! I love how we can gleem inspiration from each other and still make it so unique! Love it and I know Aymee will be thrilled to see this. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Aymee is such and inspiration!! I love your version too! The colors are perfect for a baby shower!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely fabulous!!! I love it and am so honored you lifted my card!!! You made my day! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. Great shades of pink and blue. Aymee was pleased, I knew she would be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is that!!! :-) LOVE the flap on the oven door. Toooooooo sweet! TFS! :-)

    To answer your query on my blog:- Nooooooo, I would never do that!!! (tee-hee!!!) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just ADORABLE! Ahhhh a different word today! LOL Love how the oven door opens! CUTE! :o)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable, you did a great job as always. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. OHHHHHH, how precious!!! I love these!!! Makes me wish I were having... well, I'm a bit too long in the tooth to wish for that... LOL!!!

    You did a beautiful job, and I can almost see Amy's smile right now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable card. Another amazing work of art. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet! Oh my goodness, I just love this! I love that the oven door opens and closes...too cute! And your colors are just so perfect. The Glossy Accents looks wonderful on your cuts...love it!

    ReplyDelete