Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Cameo Birthday Card...

Hey Ya'll,
Today, I have a very special card to share with you.  I missed Peggy's Birthday from over at Daily Grace Creations.  Peggy left some very sweet comments about a cameo card that I made a while back, so I wanted to make up a very special birthday card for her.  I heard that she had a thing for cameos, so when I saw this frame on the Sophisticated Cartridge, I had to make this card.  Just had to... You have been there haven't you.  Hee! Hee!  I hope she loves it!  I used, obviously, Sophisticated, but I also used CTMH Art Philosophy and Heritage.
 The base of this card is a half card.  8 1/2 x 5 1/2.  The base mat is 8 1/4 x 5 1/4.  The script mat is cut from CTMH Art Philosophy at a height of 10.50 and a width of 5.00.  The black label shape on the bottom is cut at a height of 2.10 and the pink layer is cut at a height of 2.00.  The Happy Birthday Stamp is from the CTMH cartridge set.  I also cut an oval shape for the background of the cameo at a height of 3.20.  The face shape in the cameo is from Heritage and cut at a height of 2.00.  The Frame is from Sophisticated.  All layers are cut at a height of 5.40.  The roses are from the CTMH Cartridge.  I cut several from two colors.  Heights were 1.50, 2.00 and 2.50.  There were added at the base of the frame with a couple of white silk flowers.
I used a gold paint pen to ink the edges of everything on the frame.  I used chocolate ink on everything else.  I assembled the card and left it to dry overnight.  I then used Glossy Accents and covered the entire cameo.  This keeps the ink on the edges of the pink face cut in the cameo from bleeding and clouding up the gloss.  I was just thrilled with this card.  I would love to hear your comments about it!  Thanks so much for visiting today and Happy Belated Birthday to you, Peggy!  HUGS!

10 comments:

  1. This is just beyond beautiful!! But, i would expect nothing less from you. You have such an eye for elegant and this is a great example. I really love the use of the gold pen on the frame.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card. It is so elegant. Love the gold on the frame and the beautiful flowers. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous and I know that Peggy will love it and cherish it forever. I am a bit proud of myself (ha ha) after seeing this card, because I had the same idea as you to do Glossy Accents in a frame to make it look like glass. If I am thinking like you I am excited. You are the best

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzer! This is completely GORGEOUS! Peggy is gonna LOOOVVVEEE IT! :o)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely, lovely card! The cameo is just beautiful and is set off just perfectly on that fabulous mat...and those flowers.....wow! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, this card is fabulous!!! I'm going to have to try something like this for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Breathtaking I love love it. You always do a fantastic job but this one is WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My heart stood still when I opened the envelope and found this card inside. I kept saying, "Oh My, Oh My. How beautiful. I just hate Bobby and Jill weren't there to see my reaction and happy dance. LOL Thank you, you are the best.

    ReplyDelete