Monday, September 5, 2011

Circle Cosmo Cricut Challenge

Hey Ya'll,
Just a quick one today.  This was something I made up for the Cosmo Cricut Challenge on the Cricut Circle Blog.  The only thing I own that is Cosmo Cricut are the Imagine Art Cartridges.  Hee! Hee!  For this one, I used Mr. Frosty.
 I used Winter Woodland for the Winter Fun.  I also used Jolly Holidays (couldn't wait to get this one out again!) for the mittens and hat.  All of these patterned papers are from the Mr. Frosty cartridge and printed on the Imagine.  The rounded rectangle shapes and the scalloped circle shapes were flood filled from the built in shapes on the Imagine.  I put all four on the taskbar and then used auto fill for the sizes.
 The card is a 6x6 inch square.  I used a craft sponge and white acrylic paint to ink everything... which is something I have never done before.  I saw a project that Michele Kovack did on the circle and I will certainly do this again!  I love how it looks!  I stickled the white on the hat and the edges of the mitten details.
I used the same mats on the inside and added a 3 3/4 x 3 3/4 inch square to the center.  I used a Martha corner punch so that it had the same shape as the imagine square, but you could just as easily cut this on the Cricut as well.  I hope you all like it.  It was lots of fun!

7 comments:

  1. What an adorable card -- I personally love those non-traditional colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute, cute! I love all the fun colors on this card...so happy! This is one of those cards that just makes me smile! I love the Jolly Holidays cart also, one of my favorites. Love your card...but then...I always love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute Xmas card Bobby! ... I have to go see if I own Mr Frosty?.. we both used white acrylinc paint on our latest projects, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those papers are awesome! I see a lot of printing Mr. Frosty in my future!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad I bought this cartridge. Your card is super cute! Good luck in the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, how did I ever miss this? It's just toooo dang cute!!! TFS! :-)

    ReplyDelete