Saturday, September 24, 2011

Circle Inspired Dragonfly Card...

Hey Ya'll,
I know I keep saying this lately, but this is another super simple card.  This was inspired by a gorgeous card that Michele Kovack shared on her blog and on the Cricut Circle Blog.  Ever since I saw the picture, I wanted to try one.
 The cuts for this are from the Close to my Heart - Art Philosophy Cartridge.  I used paper from a 6x6 stack that I got a while back as blog candy.  It's called Indian Summer.  The base shape is the doily shape cut at a height of 5.50.  You need one for the front and one for the inside.  The dragonfly is actually cut out of another label shape from natural craft card stock.  You use the reverse image.  You can save the cut out for something else.
 When you cut the larger shape out of the patterned paper, add the embellishments.  I just ran a piece of velvet ribbon across the center and a piece of lace.  I then ran a zig zag stitch with the sewing machine.  This gave the wings of the dragonfly a little bit more interest.  I added the piece with the cut out using 3D adhesive.  Then, I just took a button, tied a bow with bakers twine, added a flower and glue it on to the center of the dragonfly.
The inside sentiment mat is cut at a height of 4.00.  I actually inked all of the card with a golden yellow ink.  I then took a dry brush with white acrylic paint and brushed the edges of the card and the face of the craft paper parts.  I was really pleased with the way it turned out.  It wasn't until I cut the pictures and put them on our backdrop that I added no message what so ever to this card.  Hee! Hee!  Oh well. maybe it will happen.  Hee! Hee!  Thanks so much for visiting today!  Please comment and let us know what you think.

P.S.  Don't forget to go to the post dated the 22nd of September to enter to win our blog candy!  It's a really great set!

7 comments:

  1. Bobby, you've done it again. This is gorgeous. (I need a new word!) I just don't know what to say. I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is it when you say "SIMPLE" it looks so Elegant and hard to me? Hummmm? Another Gorgeous Creation! :o)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome WOW Cool, that is amazing. I love it. I will have to give it a try And you call this simple????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh - I love it - I had to look twice to see that you used the negative of the cut. Fabulous! Does not look simple - I'll try it too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning! I had to do a double-take. At first I saw an edge w/ a lip to it, like you had folded over the edge. I see, now, that it's two sep. layers. Beautiful!!!

    My eyes are still playing tricks on me. How did you use the negative cut? Ahhhh, I see it now. :-)

    As I said before:- STUNNING!!! TFS! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty. I just love that the dragon fly was cut out of the paper. Very clever. Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bobby, this is so pretty! You are really something else!!!

    P.S. You really need to stop with the "simple"... lol!

    ReplyDelete