Friday, September 9, 2011

Folded Flowers...

Hey Ya'll,
I love the way this card turned out.  One of the techniques was in a CTMH project video that I saw the other day.  It was really fun.
 The Happy Birthday is from Martha Stewart Elegant Cake Art.  The Lacy Stripe across the center is a white piece of card stock that is stamped with an Anna Griffin Paper stamp... the kind you can make backgrounds with.  It is then punched with a Martha Stewart Border Punch.  I then ran a strip of lacy ribbon down the center.  The leaves are from A Child's Year.  The Circle Lace is from Lacy Labels.  The flowers are Scalloped Circles from Lacy Labels, but you would use any of them that you have.  
 For the flowers, simply take your scalloped circles and fold them back and forth in between the scallops until you have an accordian type of fold.  When I was done with that, I used the I-Top and made 16mm brads for the centers of the flowers.  Everything for this card was inked with chocolate brown.
On the inside, I did the same thing as the front embellishments and then added a simple white sentiment mat.  This card went together pretty quickly.  I really loved the way that it turned out.  I would love to know what you think of it, so please leave us a comment.  Thanks so much for visiting today!

15 comments:

  1. What a great technique and what fun little flowers! Beautiful card made with gorgeous patterns and colors...love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, you know I love flowers and thanks for sharing a new technique. Love all the colors and the way you put everything together. Now I have to go try those flowers

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card. I love the flowers and the background with the stamps is wonderful. I love how it all comes together. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beautiful card and everything came together to create it just so very perfect!!!

    Hugs, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just beautiful. I love the colors you used and the flowers are wonderful!!
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty. Love that flower idea, I'm going to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Love the flowers. TFS and have a great weekend!
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card! I just got that cartridge yesterday and I played with it last night. Beautiful images and so versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply a beautiful card! Love everything about it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card and love the colors. I also like how you decorated the inside of the card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful card. I love the flowers and everything is coordinated so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I LOVe everything about it.... the colors... the paper... the FLOWERS! LOVE IT! :o)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete