Saturday, September 3, 2011

Happy Birthday Matey!

Hey Ya'll,
Well, I am sharing my Nephew's Birthday Card with you today.  This is the first project I have made with the Buccaneer Imagine Cartridge.  I got a really good deal on e-bay for this cartridge.  When I got it in the mail... my first thought was... what the heck and I gonna do with that?  You know?  I have done that before, but I always find a great use for them, so if it's a really good deal, It will be added to the library... whether we need it or not.  I know that ya'll know what I am talking about.  You're just as bad as we are.  Hee! Hee!
 So, I printed two papers for the mats.  I used a piece of parchment paper and a tearing ruler for the center embellishment.  I cut all layers for the pirate and sentiment.  I used glossy accents on his eye, the red lettering and the skull.  I used crackle accents on the gold lettering.  I also used some gold stickles here and there for accents.
On the inside, I used this really fun bearded crab for the sentiment mat.  All of the plain shapes on this card were inked with Cocoa Ink.  I didn't get a picture of the envelo-box for this one... sorry about that... but I did a navy blue envelo-box with a double mat for his name.  I also cut the parrot from the cartridge (so many layers, but so worth it!  Very cool and colorful cut!)  and stuck it right next to the name label.  He really liked the card, so we were very excited.  I would love to know what ya'll think of it.  Thanks so much for visiting today!

8 comments:

  1. Wow - Wow - Wow, when I see cards liek this I wish I had an Imagine as it is so incredibly awesome.... Of course mine would not look as nice. Love the layers and the detail. Just Awesome. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when you told me "what the heck am I going to do with this cartridge" well you sure did a doozy with it! This is a fabulous card I just love how you put it all together.

    OH yeah and yes you do need Dazzles, yes you do need Dazzles HA HA They have a great monthly program where you get a pack of premier Dazzles and other goodies each month for $12 Just in case you break down here is the link
    http://www.paperwishes.com/personal-shopper/pd/monthly-premiere-dazzles.html

    Evil huh? Can't wait till you get your first Dazzles LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooooooooo Cute! Oh my! I won this cart from Cricut a while back and have never used it, I'm gonna have to drag it out, blow off the dust and crank up my Imagine! The images are so bold and vivid...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the images!! The card is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are just so amazing!!! I really don't know what else I can say!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWWWEEE! Soooo CUTE! I also got this cartridge but don't know what to do with it yet! LOL I guess I'll come up with something if ya'll have! LOL :o)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete