Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Hey Ya'll,
Have another Birthday Card to share with you today.  This is actually a pretty simple project.  It just takes a little patience for the drying time.
 The Sentiment was simply printed on the computer.  The background is made using two different papers.  A little trim and a single stitch with the sewing machine to tack it down for the lacy embellishment.  For the Cameo, I used Heritage and made two cuts.  I used a frame from Sentimentals.  I used the Gypsy to make sure that everything would work out with the sizes.  The Flowers are from Mother's Day Bouquet.
Once everything was cut, I put together the cameo by adding the cream colored cut to the green oval.  I layered everything up and added the flowers and ribbon.  I then took crackle effects and coated the entire cream colored cut.  Let it dry overnight.  The next day, I took Glossy effects and coated the entire piece, even going over the crackled part. I let this dry about an hour and then went over it again.  It's hard to tell in the picture, but with such a thick coating of the effects layers, it really does look like a cameo.

I sure hope you enjoyed the project today.  Thanks so much for visiting!  I would love to hear your comments.

12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card. I love the Cameo and the lovely frame around it. The lace is perfect for this card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so divine!! I love the way you made the cameo. I will be doing that very soon. Thanks for sharing how you did it.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful...no pun intended but the first word that came to mind is "charming"! I love the looks of this and it reminds me so much of a cameo or "charm" or my grandmother called it that she worn many years ago. Anything that reminds me of my wonderful grandmother is ok in my book! I truly love the colors and the ribbon and lace is a great touch..but that cameo is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa! That's looks like a "real" cameo brooch!
    Gorgeous! TFS! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! My jaw is on the floor. This is gorgeous. Cameos are one of my favorites. The colors, lace, and especially the cameo are perfect. Can you imagine opening your mail and finding this card. I would have to do the happy dance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful. Cameos are so graceful and youirs looks so real.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely gorgeous and yes the cameo look real!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how lovely! Have you ever tried Ultra Thick Embossing powder? I've done brooches to put on cards to get this same effect without the crackle effect, which I think makes the faux cameo look aged. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing as always, I love the cameo.............but it is so so funny I have a card on my desk that I have been working on that is very similar to this one. Great minds think a like he he LOL Your mind is so much more creative than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. PS love the spooky look of your blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is gorgeous!!! What an enabler you are... Now I've just got to have that cart!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my - I LOVE this broach! Oh my gosh - I thought it was a real one!!! Gorgeous!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete