Sunday, September 11, 2011

Scarecrow Fun...

Hey Ya'll,
I have a Scarecrow Thank You card to share with you today.  This one was lots of fun!  Lots of details to explain, so I will get right into it.  First of all, I had this fun fall fabric.  I cut it to the shape and then frayed the edges.  I cut out my base mat shape (orange) and then sewed the fabric mat onto the orange mat.
 I added a face that I cut out of some muslin and painted the face on.  I then frayed the bottom and used a piece of ribbon at the neck.  I also added some grass pieces that I inked with a rust colored ink.  The hat is cut from Paper Doll Dress Up.  I also added some ribbon to the mat and some silk sunflower blossoms and a few leaves cut from Mother's Day Bouquet.  The Thank You and sunflower petals are cut from CTMH Art Philosophy.
I simply added a white mat for the sentiment on the inside.  This card took a while to figure out.  It's pretty much all about laying everything out on the table, grabbing the glue and layering until you are happy with the finished project.  Hee! Hee!  Overall, I was pleased with the way it turned out.  I would love to hear your thoughts!  Thanks so much for visiting today!

14 comments:

  1. You both never cease to amaze me. This is fantastic. Love the fabric and the details and the sewing. Heck I love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card. The more I see of the Art Philosphy cart, the more I think I might "need" it. Where can I get it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is amazing! Love the fabrics and the stitching. Look at the rich rall colors too. Love it! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, what an awesome card, love that you used fabric. Love the scarecrow's face and the sunflowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...I want to come to your house and just watch you as you create someday! You just never cease to amaze me with you latest creation and just when I think you can't possibly top the last project...there you go again! This is just too, too cute, I love it! I also love you new blog look for Halloween...it's has that vintage feel to it...very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I said it before and I'll say it again:- your creativity just goes above and beyond. TFS all of that w/ all of us!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGOSH! This is FABULOUS! I Love that you used Fabric on this card! It's sooo CUTE! Very festive for this time of year! :o)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well you've done it again! Sewing must be on your list of abilities. What a great job. That is a perfect fall card, bright and cheerful. Makes me want to kick a pile of raked leaves.haha Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the fabric!!! Great card! I also love your spooky blog header!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW awesome, time after time after time you amaze me. This is just too adorable

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your card! The scarecrow is perfect. You two are so creatively fun. I haven't tried fabric yet but you make me want to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How adorable...Oh my gosh I miss a few days on your blog and I miss so much! I love this scarecrow! How perfect! You have started with that sewing machine and haven't looked back!!! I love your blog look too!
    hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, I must say you're doing a fantastic job with the sewing... lol!!! Here's another amazing card you've done!!! Just absolutely amazing!!! I just adore that scarecrow and all the Halloween "thank you" details you've added to make it so special! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete