Sunday, September 18, 2011

Super Simple Thinking of You Card...

Hey Ya'll,
I have a very simple card to share with you today.  This is a Thinking of you card using Anna Griffin Papers from a card kit.  This is my normal sized half card.
 I first cut a piece of hand made paper for the back mat.  BTW... everything is inked with a pale green ink.  I added two piece of card stock from an Anna Griffin Card Kit.  I didn't cut them or anything, just placed them in each corner.  I used a third piece cut in half and inked in the center of the card.  I then ran a strip of beaded-lace trim across the center and a piece of green ribbon from top to bottom on the left.  The Thinking of You sentiment is also from the kit.  I cut a doily from the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge to go behind this.  The butterfly is one that I printed on the computer and cut out with the old craft scissors.  I tied a bow and glued a flower in the center.
I was kind of in a time crunch and I knocked 6 of these out in a matter of a half an hour.  I have more coming up later.  Hope you like it!  Would love to hear your comments.  Thanks so much for visiting today!

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful card and twice as nice as you could make them fast.... sometimes that's exactly what we need with our busy schedule! We need that reminder that we can do beautiful things in a small amount of time by planning wisely. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. "super simple" nothing! This is simply gorgeous! Beautiful colors and patterns and fabulous embellishments! You may have put it together quickly, but there is nothing "simple" about this card my friend! Love it! Don't ya just love Art Philosophy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. You've never made anything that looks simple. I think you need to give me some lessons on making a card quickly. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, I can't believe that this was a quick make, looks fabulous!
    big hugs
    En xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huh?? a very simple card?? It looks like it took a LOT of time! :-) And. . .cut a butterfly w/ scissors? What's that?? (tee-hee) :-)

    "Simply" beautiful is what it all is!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Linda (Ladybug)!!! You always say "super simple" for super gorgeous!!! I love it! So delicate looking!!! So elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is beautiful! I just love all the layers and lace and the butterfly adds the perfect touch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH my gosh! How gorgeous! Beautiful layers and look at those flowers! Those papers are also breathtaking! LOVE!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow very very pretty, I love it great job on it. :)

    ReplyDelete