Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Thank You Sew Much!

Hey Ya'll,
I have a very special card to share with you today.  Recently, we won a set of Pro-Markers from Enfys at Going Buggy.  Anytime we win any sort of Blog Candy (YAY!) we always send a Thank You card.  So this one went all the way to the UK for our wonderful friend Enfys.
For this card, I used papers from the Elise Cartridge on the imagine.  The Thank You sentiment and the sewing machine are from Everyday Pop-Up Cards.  The flowers are from Mother's Day Bouquet.  The butterfly is from Anna Griffin's Floral Stamp Collection.  The Ovals are from George and Basic Shapes.
I used Glossy Effects on the sewing machine and the fonts.  I made my mat and added lacy and velvet ribbon.  I then ran it thought the sewing machine with two straight stitches and a zig zag stitch.  I then went around the entire mat.  I also stitched the oval.  I used a piece of burgundy velvet trim through the center of the oval.  I added a couple of buttons and tied a bit of bakers twine in the center.
The inside was kept very simple so that I could write a lot.  The mats were also sewn.  I know we are going to enjoy the markers and look forward to learn more about using them correctly.  I sure hope that Enfys enjoys her card.  I would love to hear what you think of it.  Thanks so much for visiting today!

13 comments:

  1. What a lovely card! The colour combination is beautiful and your details are wonderful! Great job with all that stitching, too!
    Thanks so much for playing along at My Craft Spot!
    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so beautiful. The colors are perfect and the addition of the sewing and rhe little pins are great. The is so pretty as always.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful card to go to the card lady herself!!!! I would be so nervouse to send her a card as she makes such beautiful cards!!! But she will LOVE this card it is so beautiful. TFS it with all of us today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love the sewing machine! Thanks for joining us this week at My Craft Spot!

    Aymee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a elegant card, so many wonderful details! Thanks for joining the challenge at My Craft Spot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet card ! Great colors..love the stitching and the pretty lace ! Thanks for joining us this week at My Craft Spot !
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okee dokee! Gotta ask this question and you're the right person to go to, Bobby! --- have you ever seen a sewing machine facing that way before? My real sewing machine faces the other way. I just don't get why a cart was made w/ the sewing machine facing the wrong way. Orrrr, is it just me??? LOL

    But -- beautiful card!! It is SEW cute! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enfys is going to just love it!.... as much as I still love my birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card!! I love the sewing machine and all of the fun layers! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, I never knew a sewing machine was on that cartridge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another beauty if I say so myself!!! I love the sewing machine too, and what a great job with the colors!!! You never fail to inspire and amaze me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely lovely!! Thanks for joining us this week at My Craft Spot.

    Hugs,
    Amy
    Scrapping Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! I LOVE this card! How did I miss this the other day? I love the whole look and the neat look of the pin cushion with the pins in it... CUTE! :o)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete