Thursday, September 1, 2011

Wicked Cool Stamp Set!!!

Hey Ya'll,
Well, I got my shipment in from Close to my Heart.  I just LOVE the new Wicked Stamp Set that was the stamp of the month.  I wanted to share with you my first project using these amazing stamps!
This is an 5.5" by 8.5" card.  The frame for this is from Happy Hauntings.  I cut the bottom layer in white and the frame in black, both at a height of 7.50.  I also cut out the bat and crow layers in black.  I used Happy Hauntings to also cut the 31.  I cut the tag shape from the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge at a height of 1.50 and the label shape behind is from the CTMH cart.
 You may have to blow up the pic to see all the details, but I used Cocoa ink for the Witch Stamp.  How Wicked Cool is this Stamp?!?  What I did was took the white frame base and used a craft sponge with orange, yellow and lime green and distressed the whole piece.  I then took some black ink and a liner brush on everything and put a very light spider web over both pieces as well.  I then stamped the witch in cocoa and the wicked halloween.  I then took a black detail marker and added a couple of little details here and there.  I hope they show up in the picture.  I also used crackle and glossy on the 31.  I used glossy on the crow and bat details of the frame as well.  On the black frame, I pounced it with a bronze metallic ink as well as the iron type detail on the bottom.  This, by the way, is also from the CTMH cart and cut at a height of 1.00.  I LOVE THIS CARTRIDGE!!!
I kept the inside very simple.  I also inked all of the edges of everything using the cocoa ink.  I really was happy with these, considering they were the first things I made with this stamp set.  I see lots and lots more CTMH stamps in my future!  I see some in your future too!  Be sure to check back on the 22nd.  This was the Stamp of the Month for August.  If you didn't get your chance to buy one, come back on the 22nd.  That is when I have my design spot on She's a Sassy Lady.  I am going to do another project using this stamp set, but guess what!?!  I purchased an extra one that I am gonna give away!  Come back for your chance to win!  I would love to know what you think about this project, so please leave a comment!  We love reading them.

7 comments:

  1. How creepy cool is this card?? I also ordered this stamp set, but haven't had a chance to play with it you. After seeing your amazing cards, don't know if I should feel inspired or intimidated! These really are just amazing and full of so many wonderful details...I'm gonna go with feeling inspired and if I don't like my results I just won't post them...lol! Your cards are too great and have inspired me to at least give it a try! Love these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my gosh!!! I love this card - wow how cool and Halloweeny! I don't have any of their stamps but maybe I'll have to get some after seeing how awesome this is!!!
    Gorgeous,
    hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a Wickedly Cool Halloween card! I haven't taken the stamps out of their package yet! Love your idea! I guess I'm gonna have to make something this weekend with this stamp set! :o)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card! Love the stamp set and would you believe I didn't get it. My lady didn't even tell me about it!!! So I will just have to enjoy looking at your card! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the most beautiful halloween card!!! I just can't find it creepy at all!!! The way you've presented the images -- if you want to call it anything, how about creepy elegance!!! LOL!

    I Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! It is so great. I just orded that stamp set can't wait to get it in, I think I will be copying this card

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that is wicked cool, I know it would be coming from you. I knew you would get Art Philosophy I'm jealous, well maybe some day LOL Enjoy can't wait to see what else you make

    ReplyDelete