Saturday, October 1, 2011

Bee-Lated Birthday Card...

Hey Ya'll,
This is a special Birthday Card for Miss Sassy Sheila over at She's a Sassy Lady.  I missed her Birthday, so this is a Bee-Lated design.  I hope she likes it as much as I liked the way it turned out!
 I used Everyday Pop-Up Cards and the Close to my Heart Art Philosophy Cartridge for this one.  The Stamp used for the Happy Birthday is from the CTMH set.  The bees are from Everyday Pop-Up Cards.  All layers are cut at a height of 2.10.  One is cut as it shows on the cartridge and the other is flipped so I could use it on the other side.  The sunflower shape is from CTMH.  The largest cut is at 3.00, then 2.80, then 2.60 and then 2.50, so there were 4 cut to make this flower.  The centers are the pointed spiral flower cut from this same cartridge.  I cut two at 1.90 and one at 1.50.  Then just made the flowers all together to make the center.  The plaid layer of the label is cut at a height of 1.70 and the yellow label shape is cut at a height of 2.10.  I love the label shapes on this cartridge. This made it the perfect size to stamp the sentiment.
I used stickles on the flower center and on the bees' wings.  I also used glossy accents on the bees.  I used a piece of orange ribbon and crochet lace on the bottom behind the label shape.  The entire card was inked with chocolate ink and I also used chocolate ink for the sentiment.  So... Happy Bee-Lated Birthday Miss Sass!  I would love to know what everyone thinks about it!  Thanks so much for visiting today!

9 comments:

  1. This card is GORGEOUS. The photo does not do it justice it is just gorgeous. I LOVED it! I just love your cards and I think I may start creating a few in the Cricut Couple standard size as that is so awesome. I have always made the standard A2 size but after seeing this card I think I need to try this larger one as it in itself has a presence... the you add the beauty. Yup, just gorgeous! Thank you for being so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the Flower Master! When I first saw that amazing sunflower, I just KNEW it had to be one you had purchased....but....noooooo! Oh my, it is just gorgeous! You need to give a flower-making class and I need to attend! I love the bees and that beautiful lacy trim...so, so pretty! Happy Birthday to Miss Shelia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, that card is gorgeous. Love the flower. Need a tutorial ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word that is gorgeous and I am sure Sheila is enjoying it. And I agree with her, you have got me started on making the larger size card and I just love making them that size. I love the Bee-lated theme that is so cool. Those bees are adorable

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is beyond gorgeous and love the paper. The bees say it all for a belated bd card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. GORGEOUS! And I agree with Tanya! You need to do a flower tutorial or video.... SOMETHING... Your flowers look soooo REAL! :o)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. One word -- FABULOUS!

    Sheila will just love that card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply beautiful! Love everything about it!!
    TFS! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card, your sunflower is fabulous. I just love the Art Philosophy cartridge, I don't think I've used any other since I got mine, so versatile.

    ReplyDelete