Saturday, October 15, 2011

Bunches of Birthday Cards Made Easy...

Hey Ya'll,
Ok... So this is going to be lots of fun to share.  So many of you have given me a hard time about saying something is easy, but these cards were super easy!  Seriously!  Close to my Heart Art Philosophy does all the work.  I say this because if I can make 20 of these in one afternoon, you certainly can.  They went together so quickly.  The most time consuming part was inking.  Hee! Hee!
 So there are a couple of different versions here of this same card, but the guts are all pretty much the same.  First of all, these are all 6x6 cards.  Half 12x12, cut in half and then folded in half.  The base mats are all 5 3/4 x 5 3/4 and the most visible mats are all 5 1/4 x 5 1/4.  You do get two cards out of one sheet of paper, so I just cut away and stacked things on the side.  I then cut out the cupcakes out of craft and cream card stock. These are all on the stamps that come with the cartridge and the sizes are displayed.  For the ladies versions of the cards, I used a doily (lace from Wilton) behind.  For the more masculine designs, I used another label shape cut from CTMHAP.  The Happy Birthday and both label shapes are from this cartridge too.  The scalloped strip on the bottom is also from CTMHAP.
 For the pink base, I stamped the images in pink and then inked the edge of everything with a really bright green.  I used 3D adhesive behind all cupcakes and behind all of the labels.
 This one was correcting an oops.  Hee! Hee!  I accidently stamped the image in pink and it was supposed to be brown.  So... since you can see through the clear stamps, I went ahead and stamped them again!  YAY!  The pink just peeks out barely behind the brown.  Everything on this card was inked in chocolate.
 Again, this one was all inked in chocolate.  It's so different from the others, but they all worked out so well.  I really think that this one, although it's a cupcake, could be used for a guy without anyone thinking there is anything feminine about it.  Ya think?
 Here you can see how the layers are separated with the 3D adhesive.  It's not a ton, but it's very effective.
The inside of every card is the same.  This way, you can write whatever you want.  The white mats are cut 4x4 so that you can get 9 sentiment mats out of a single piece of white card stock.  These all went together so quickly.  I think it took longer to make envelopes for all of them!  Hee! Hee!  Now that all of these turned out so well, I am off to start playing with Christmas Cards.  I would love to hear what ya'll think!  Thanks for visiting today!

11 comments:

  1. Oh I love cards that can be put together in little or no time and when they look this good you just have to love them! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do look good!!! Actually, they look great, and they look like cards I can make!!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so pretty! I love that cupcake...yummy! This is something I so need to do. My birthday card stash is running dangerously low! I love that although you used the same design and layout, each card has it's own beautiful personality!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card set.I really want this cart!I love the pink showing behind the brown,I know you said it was an accident but it looks great.
    Have a good weekend.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These really do seem easy enough for me. If I only had that cart. Love that they have the matching stamp to make things easier. These really all look stunning and not mass-produced. Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful cards! This would make some great Christmas cards too. Thanks for the inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of these cards look wonderful! They even look easy! I can agree with you this time! LOL I keep forgetting that this cartridge came with stamps! I'm having a "DUH!" moment! LOL

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmmmm, for some reason I'm cravin' chocolate!
    (tee-hee) They look really yummy!! TFS! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, love these cards!!! I am so inspired to create some cards with my Art Philosophy cartridge!! You always do such beautiful work!!!

    ReplyDelete