Monday, October 3, 2011

DT Audition...

Hey Ya'll,
Sharing an audition with you today.  Kimberly is recruiting design team members over at My Craft Spot and I LOVE her products!  I don't have many of them, but I won the adorable Candy Corn Kisses Stamp Set during a blog hop, so I used it for inspiration for these cards.
 I have been going crazy wanting to tear into these stamps ever since they arrived, but have been so busy.  I had more fun going through cuts to find things that coordinated with them and it was so easy to find great things!  There is a lot of information in this post... just warnin' ya.  Hee! Hee!
 The first was this fun Candy Corn card and topper for the bag of candy.  For the card, I used Smiley Cards (Gyspy only cartridge) and did a little altering to the candy corn critter that's on this cartridge.  I also used lips from Indie Art.  I used a label shape from Preserves for the stamp sentiment.  Out of the group, this was Jill's favorite card.  She just thought that the lips were a fun touch.  For the candy bag, I just made a topper with some scraps and added an extra sentiment that matched the card with a little twine.
 I used a scrap of 12 inch card stock that was 1 1/2" wide and folded it to add some texture to the front.  Then I tied a simple bow at the bottom.  The inside was kept very simple with a plain white mat.
For the mouse card, I simply cut the mouse and all layers from the Happy Hauntings cartridge at a height of 6.50.  The round label is from this cartridge as well.  It was cut at a height of 3.10.  I then stamped the center of the label and inked the edges with the same color.
 For this card, I only used the cartridge "A Child's Year".  The tag is from this cartridge as well.  I cut the witch from a dark purple stock and then used a black fine tip marker to add a few things here in there to the cut to make it a little darker.  I simply cut the tag shape out and stamped the sentiment.  I then tied it on with some baker's twine.  LOVE THAT STUFF!
 The last one is my favorite!  I watched an amazing tutorial that Kimberly has on her blog. She actually made this show into the card.  I wanted to make one of my traditional cards, so I used the shoe as an embellishment.  Here is the Tutorial.  I cut the shoe and all layers at 5.00.  The label shape is a frame from Happy Hauntings cut at a height of 3.00.
 I couldn't find any paper that I liked to do this with.  What I did have was this cream damask paper with the black printing.  I wanted it to work with this card, so I simply took a craft sponge and pounced green, red and gold ink over the existing pattern.  This gave it a wonderful distressed look and made the colors really work for Halloween.  I then inked the edges (very heavily) with a deep purple ink.  This really made things work well.  I used the sewing machine and stitched on the bottom of the shoe and then I went over the black parts of the shoe and the frame edge with glossy accents.  It literally looks like a patent leather shoe!  Since the shoe turned out so Fabulous, how could you not use this stamp sentiment to go along with it?  Hee! Hee!
I used the same matting on the inside as the front.  I simply added a plain sentiment mat on the inside.  Well, I hope Kimberly likes what I did.  I would love to hear everyone's comments.  Wish me luck.  Hee! Hee!  Thanks so much for visiting today!

23 comments:

  1. YES!!! I am so glad you are applying for her DT! She has great products and I know you would be a FABULOUS addition!!! Gorgeous entries too!
    WOW!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...EVERY card is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are jaw-dropping fabulous!! I especially like the witch's shoe. Wow! That's gorgeous! And I just made a card using the same mouse cut you used. I've never seen anybody else use it before. And the candy corn faces are so sweet! You did such a great job on ALL the cards!
    Thanks for posting your projects for the My Craft Spot Design Team call! Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are just WONDERFUL, the shoe is my favorite, but all are amazing! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU Better make her team! I'm so Glad you're trying out for it! I think it's a perfect fit! :o) LOVE all of your projects especially the shoe! LOVE IT! And Good Luck! :o)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow!!! These are just fabulous!!!! I watched the tutorial myself this weekend. I love the shoe!! As always, your work amazes me!!
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok...those candy corn kisses just cracked me up! They have lips like Angelina Jolie...love it! But now that shoe....if I were a witch (careful now), I would soooo wear that shoe! Love, love, love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy Batman Robin (aka Bobby) these are amazing. I can;t believe they would not pick you after these entries. I really really really love the last one also, that shoe is just too neat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing cards!! I love the round label on your mouse card and the inking and ribbon on your witch shoe is fabulous!!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic cards! Especially love the witches shoe.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing projects!!! You did a fantastic job with them all! Those lips are so fun and that shoe is just fabulous.I also liked that you used twine around the witch's waist. So cute!

    Jamie
    Oohlalapaperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are all soooooooo amazing!!! Can't even decide on a fav! LOL!!!

    I can't imagine you not getting selected for anyone's design team -- I just can't; you're wonderful!!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! My jaw is on the ground right now. Those are fantabulous!!! LOVE that shoe! The colors are gorgeous!

    Love how you mix/match diff. carts and diff. techniques. They're all beaut-i-ful!!!! :-)

    I'll pick my jaw up now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are all awesome! Best of luck!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great cards!! Good luck on the DT.
    (:(:Smiles:):)

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great stuff. Best of Luck. I'm a hopeful too ;) New follower.

    Be Blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  17. CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations Bobby!!!
    Candy
    candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on being picked for the design team!!
    Kathy
    http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats!!! Looking forward to your designs for my craft spot!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. OK Bobby, I am back to say CONGRATULATIONS!! You are so talented and so deserving of being on this design team. I am excited to see all the wonderful things you will be creating.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete