Monday, October 24, 2011

First Design Team Spot for My Craft Spot!

Hey Ya'll,
Happy Monday to you!  I am so excited today because this is my first design team project for My Craft Spot.  This week's challenge is to Make a See Through Project.  For this project, you need to use acrylic or something that is transparent in your design.  I used Acrylic to make a window card and had fun playing with stamps and Cricut Cuts to make this one up.
 This is a half card (8 1/2 x 11 folded in half).  I used the Gypsy and the 6 different cartridges for this one.  Window, inside label shape, spider web and candle is from October 31st, the Pumpkins are from Pumpkin Carvings, The sign is from Old West, the table (inside) is from Sentimentals.  So, I have some explaining to do on how this card was assembled.  You have to have a Gypsy to pull this off.  I placed the window cut (5.80) on the spot that I needed to cut it thought the card base before folding.  I then used the contour tool to remove everything except for the four window panes.  I then cut two out of light gray after contouring out all of the details except the four window panes and the entire outside cut.  This creates a blackout layer that isn't on this cartridge.  I then cut the dark gray as it was intended with the cartridge.  I then cut a piece of acrylic (recycled from a cartridge protective film) to fit inside.  I then stuck the inside and outside over the acrylic so that it was a completed window and then used foam tape to pop the layer of the dark gray.
 If you blow up this picture, you will hopefully be able to see the detail on the glass.  I used a white acrylic pen and drew in some spider webs in the window.  The branch is cut at 1.30.  The board sign on the window is cut at 2.20.  The Fright Night is from the Candy Corn Kisses stamp set from My Craft Spot.  The candle is cut at 2.60.  I used a white acrylic pen and a black marker to detail in the siding on the gray base.  I then used the white pen to add some age to the window shutters as well.  I then used some glossy accents to the candle, sign and branches to make everything richer.
In this picture, you can see what the window looks like on the inside.  I used "Too Cute to Spook" from My Craft Spot on the label inside.  All of the pumpkins are cut at random sizes and I used a pumpkin face set from Peachy Keen stamps.  I cut both layers on the tables and the drawers have foam tape make them stand out.

Well, what do you think?  I would love to hear your comments!  I was pretty nervous about this first time design and hope everyone likes it.  Now, make sure you come back at the end of the month for the My Craft Spot Release Party!  It's all about Christmas and I am SOOOOO excited about it!  You can click on the label up in the right corner of the blog to see Kimberly's preview information.  There will be prizes and all kinds of great Christmas projects, so we hope to see you there!  Thanks so much for visiting today and please, hop on over to My Craft Spot to see the rest of the amazing designs by the DT and to link up your Challenge Project!

27 comments:

  1. oh WOW Bobby! This is truly amazing.I love all of your fabulous details.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!What a way to start off your DT stint !! Spooky cute.....love the window and the candle and the pumpkins are just TOO cute !!!Can't wait to see what you create with the new stamps !
    xoxo Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has to be one of the best Halloween cards yet. Super job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Bobby!! You definately had nothing to be nervous about. Your card is amazing!! It looks like we are looking into a real window. So scary! You did a great job!
    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, this card is a work of art! You are super talented.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, this card is a work of art! You are super talented.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG Bobby you totally nailed it. This is just awesome all the details and your use of the white pen makes it all look so real. I just can't stop looking at it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Wow! WOWWW! This card is amazing, Bobby! Your details are incredible! I love the contrast between the dark and sinister front and the fun, orange interior of the card. I especially like the little candle that ties the inside and out together. I'm not sure why you were nervous... You rocked this big time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing card!!! Love the detail and the window is awesome both front and back! Love the inside of the card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bobby, this is amazing! I LOVE LOVE all the details. Details make a card so much more. Awesome job!

    hugs,
    Michelle

    http://michelles-crafty-creations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!! Boby that is an amazing card, great detail
    What's not to love about it !!!
    Hugs
    Adele

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stinking great card! Love the window into those awesome pumkins.

    Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy Cow!!! This card is truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bobby ... I'm totally speechless. This is so creative and unique. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OK...your card is AMAZING! You really added so many creative fun details. The pumpkins with their cute little PK faces are adorable. I love everything about this card! Great job. :)

    Ally

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is an awesome card! I love the dimension you added and all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! This card is just amazing! Everything is just so realistic...that window is just fabulously spooky with the broken shutters and cracked glass. And the details on the pumpkins...amazing! You my friend, are a creative genuis! I love to visit your blog as I am always awed and inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, wow, and more wows!!! I just love this!!! What a fun card!!!

    You ARE amazing, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. AWESOME card!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    Just came across your blog from Daily Grace Creations .... VERY envious that you both craft together!! SO GREAT!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nervous? What are you talking about, ;) that is absolutely amazing. Love the window and those pumpkins are so darn cute.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for inspiration! You'll know what I'm talking about when you see my post for today!!! Thank you, and thank you for all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fantastic card!!! I love all of the spooky details and the pumpkins are just adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow!!!!! This card is amazing! I just love it! The window, inside and OUT are just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. AWESOME! This is soooo cool and creepy! I LOVE it! The candle looks sooo real! Wonderful job on your first challenge! Of course it's no surprise to me how great your card looks! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh My WOW!!! This card is cool!!! Congrats on your DT challenge!! You should also link this up at www.thebugbytes.com for our Fall/Halloween Blog Hop Linky Party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my goodness Bobby! I absolutely LOVE your first My Carft Spot project!! The spooky window is awesome and the pumpkins peeking out are so super cute! I LOVE IT!! Great way to kick off the term! I'm so happy you are joining us!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete