Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Link It Up For Pink - Another one...

Hey Ya'll,
Well, finally... I have a pink ribbon card that turned out.  Boy... have I wasted some paper lately.  I wanted to do this on the first day of Gaby's Link it up for Pink.  To check it out, click on the announcement on the top right corner of this blog until the 14th of October.  They have lots and lots of prizes going on too, so play along if you can.
 For this design, I used CTMH Art Philosophy for everything.  Shocker, huh?  Only one cartridge again.  What's wrong with me?!?  Hee! Hee!  I used the banner cut and the tear drop cut.  I flipped over the tear drop, added another one inside and then welded it with two of the banner shapes to make the ribbon since I don't have that ribbon cut on any cartridges.  I cut a a couple of roses and labels shapes.  I also cut the white doily in the background.  This sentiment came from the Pair-a-phrase set that came from CTMH when I ordered my Art Philosophy Cartridge.
 I used 3D adhesive on the frame and ribbon to make them stand out.  The card is 6x6.  The floral mat is 5 3/4 x 5 3/4.  I was really pleased with the way it turned out.
 For the inside, I used the center that was cut out of the front frame for the sentiment mat.  I just made the ribbon cut smaller and repeated it on the inside.  Something else that I was happy with, I enlarged the ribbon cut and cut it out of the white card stock.  Then I added a square for the cover  and made it into a box.  I used clear acrylic from the packaging of a cartridge and glued it to the inside cover of the box.  Now there is a window for the box that shows through to the ribbon on the card.
Well, I am very excited to have something that finally turned out.  I would love to hear what ya'll think of it and I hope everyone plays along for such a great cause!  Thanks so much for visiting today!

14 comments:

  1. pretty card. Thank you for Linking up with us for Link Up for Pink...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding me? ALL of your cards "turn out" as you put it! Seriously, I love this. It has such a soft,delicate feel to it and is truly lovely. Art Philosophy is a wonderful cart isn't it? The doily is very pretty and the flowers are gorgeous. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you'd say it finally turned out??? WHAT??? All of your cards turn out BEAUTIFUL! NOOO EXCEPTION! LOL This is beautiful... Love the flowers and the pin in the center.... :o)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a darling card!!! You do amazing work!!! I also design for Frosted Designs and you should enter your card in our Fabulous Friday Challenge ~ Fussy Cutting!!

    www.frosteddesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card!! Love the design, flowers and doily! So pretty! Thanks for linking up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card. Love the design and all your cards are amazing! Thanks for playing along and sharing with us today at She's A Sassy Lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful card! Just love the background card and how clever for making the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous!! I so need this cart!

    Thank you for joining Link Up for Pink....can't wait to see your next project...plenty of time to link up! :)
    Yolie
    www.JustYolie.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You ARE amazing, my friend!!! This card is a stunner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! You're kinda makin' me want to get that cart. Amazing things you've done w/ it!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a stunning card! Your paper choices and elements all come together beautifully. Thank you for sharing at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, very interesting. Thanks for sharing.
    Eli (Frosted Designs)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad you joined us at Frosted Designs!!!

    ReplyDelete