Monday, October 3, 2011

Love that never stops...

Hey Ya'll,
This is a very special card I am sharing with you today.  I will go into the details of the card and then share the story with you at the end.  For this card, I used Flower Shoppe, Martha Stewart Seasonal Cake Art, Old West and Stretch your Imagination.
 The tree is from Stretch you Imagination and cut at a height of 11.90.  I used the gyspy for this and ran the image of the tree off the top of the mat.  I really only need the bottom most branches and the trunk.  I used Old West for the sign shape and cut it at a height of 1.90.  I used two different grass borders from Martha Stewart Seasonal Cake Art and both were cut at a height of 1.74.  The leaves are from Flower Shoppe.  The green leaves are cut at a height of .90 and the rest at a height of 1.00.
 The tree was run through the cuttlebug using the Tim Holtz wood grain texture folder and inked the texture with Cocoa Ink.  I used a straight cutter and cut off the rest of the top pieces of the tree to line up with the mat.  I hand wrote the Jim Loves Dar sign hanging on the tree.  I put the thinner grass layer behind the tree and then used 3D adhesive to put the thicker grass on the front.  I then just started gluing leaves all over the place.  When finished, I realized that it was WAY too many polka dots, but I still know that Dar will love this.
For the inside, I just wrote in the sentiment.  Ok... for the story...  Jill's Dad passed away a year and a half ago.  He left his wife Dar, Jill's stepmom, behind.  They were together for many, many years.  Jill did not see her Dad for more than 20 years.  She finally reconnected with him in February of 2010.  By Mid April of 2010, he was gone.  It has been such a hard thing for Jill to deal with, but in the process, she has become very close with Dar.  She realizes how much they love each other and how hard this has been for her to deal with.  When I saw their anniversary come up in the calendar, the image of the front of this card popped into my head and I had to make it.  Jill was so proud to mail this to Dar and we know that even if it isn't just absolutely perfect in our eyes, she will have this sitting on her side table and bring it up in ever telephone conversation from here on out. It's sometimes really hard to come up with something so personal, but isn't that why we all do this?  I know she will just love this card, not necessarily because of the looks, but because of what it means.  So... Happy Anniversary Jim and Dar.  Even though you are far apart, on October 13th, I know you will be very close in heart!  Thanks so much for visiting today.  We would love to know what you think of it.

9 comments:

  1. Ok...I'm sitting here with my morning coffee...about to cry! First of all, this is a lovely card and I must add...you can NEVER have too many polka dots. This card is adorable! Next, my heart goes out to Jill...no matter what our issues are, how long it's been since we have seen one another or spoken, it's very tough to lose a parent. I lost my Daddy 4 years ago and I think of him everyday and miss him so very much. So Happy Anniversary to Jim and Dar...love lives on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely story! And the card is wonderful! Loving all those tiny polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely story and wonderful thing for you to do. I like all the polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card and a lovely story!!!! Brought tears to my eyes as life is TOO short!! Love the polka dots on the leaves too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful thing to do. I can tell you from experience what this will mean to Dar. My heart goes out to her and Jill on their loss. Please give them my heartfelt condolences.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWWWEEE..... What a story.... Made me sad.... I do LOVE the card and there is nothing wrong with all those polka dots! I LOVE polka dots! And this is a fabulous way to show how much you care.... Just Beautiful and I'm sure Dar is gonna LOVE it! :o)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful, beautiful card and heartfelt story. My best to Jill and Dar.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a heart-rendering story. And for you to recreate it with your creativity --- simply beautiful!!!! TFS! :-)

    ReplyDelete