Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Over the Hill...

Hey Ya'll,
Well, this one is not really my style.  Hee! Hee!  It was requested this way by someone at work.  I think he was wanting something even more grim than this, but the lady that this was for deserved something with some style, so this is what I ended up with.  I was actually pretty pleased with the way it turned out.
 For this card, I used Floral Embellished (Label Shape under over the hill cut at a height of 4.40 for both layers), Indie Art for the Skull & Crossbones (Cut at 5.00 for all layers), Wrap it Up for the Over the Hill (Cut at 3.00), and Close to my Heart - Art Philosophy for the rose (Cut at 2.00).  I inked everything with black ink.
I added ribbon on the top and then a bow and the rose on the skull (At least I tried to make it more girly.  Hee! Hee!).  I used a white opaque marker to add details to the eyes. I also used glossy accents on the Over the Hill.  I, for some reason, didn't take a picture of the inside of this card.  Oops.  Hee! Hee!  Basically, I cut the same polka dot mat and damask mat and then used a solid grey mat, all inked with black for the inside.  She was actually very pleased with the card, and the person who ordered loved it too.  Everyone got a kick out of it at work, so I guess it was a hit.  I don't know... I just don't like to give these kinds of cards, but I know that there are some out there who love them.  Hee! Hee! I would love to hear what ya'll think.  Thanks so much for visiting today!

11 comments:

  1. This is cute. What a wonderful idea for someone over the hill! Love the layers. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, not quite your style. But I like it.It's equally beautiful, feminine and spooky. I don't know anyone else who could accomplish that. Totally awesome. (the eyes did the trick)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! If I had to receive a "grim" Halloween card, I'd want you to be the one to design it. I love YOUR style in what you did with this card!!! And, this definitely has style!!!

    When you think "over the hill", that already doesn't sound fun but this card is just that and takes the "sting" out of "over the hill"... LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only you could create a skull with an air of elegance and class! I love it...the flower and ribbon are great touches along with the classic damask paper...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card. Love the details you added to the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH, how fun!!! Creeptacular for sure!!!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tend to not like skulls, but if the lady this is intended for is classy than you did it justice!....like Melissa said...creeptacular!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how grungy yet elegant this card is.Fabulous inking.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is WAYYYY Super COOL! I LOVE the creepiness of this card! Of course in a good way! :o) I bet she's gonna just flip over it!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete