Sunday, October 9, 2011

Retro Birthday...

Hey Ya'll,
Today, I have a fun one for you!  I am calling this the Retro Birthday card.  I had some of this fun retro looking paper and wanted to make something with the Pop-Up Neighborhood cartridge, so this is how it turned out.
 I used a label shape from Pop-Up Neighborhood in two sizes for the Happy Birthday.  The happy birthday comes from Lyrical Letters.  The little boy holding the lolli-pop is from Pop-Up Neighborhood as well.  This is the tag from the cartridge.  I added a simple piece of ribbon across the bottom.
 I used Glossy Accents on the boy and on the sentiment.
I just used the same shape for the sentiment mat on the inside as well.  I didn't expect much, but was really pleased with the way this one turned out.  We would love to hear what you think about it!  Thanks for visiting today!

14 comments:

  1. This is ADORABLE!!! What a great use of this cartridge! Thanks for the inspiration!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great card. I love your bigger cards. The sentiments are really shown off when they are larger. You picked just the right cuts for this paper. Fabulous as always. Last week, when I couldn't post comments, I tried everyday on your blog. (multiple times) That was a beautiful weeks worth of cards. They were all amazing. I'm so glad I could at least see them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card. I really like the happy birthday and the papers really give it that retro feel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great retro card. I love that happy birthday cut but it is so fine it needs to be cut big like you did. Now that you have me into making big cards ha ha I can go back and take another look at that cartridge & Calligraphy Collection also. How do you put Glossy accents on the sentiment?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is great! Love that font and the papers you used.
    Candy
    candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com
    Come enter my new giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute is that? I LOVE the retro look and that sentiment is just perfect. It looks great with the glossy accents, love the shine. The mat is also a great shape, will have to look at that one again...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool card! I love how you always decorate the inside.... have to remember that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It really does look Retro! I never noticed the little boy on that cartridge! I guess I better go take a second look at it! I really like how this turned out! The Paper is Fabulous! :O)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! I love the glossy sentiment!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your Retro card! Fabulous job as always. Thanks for the inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a wonderful and fun card!!! The words accented with the Glossy Accents looks terrific!

    Great job, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Thanks to you, I'm always discovering different things about the carts I own. Love the lettering and the card is great!! TFS! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the funky fresh feel of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great card. I have really got to start making the larger cards as they are soooooo nice. TFS

    ReplyDelete