Friday, October 7, 2011

Script Birthday Card...

Hey Ya'll,
I have something different to share with you today.  I finally cashed in some points and got the Splish Splash Lite cartridge.  The only reason I got this cartridge was for this beautiful label shape with the flourish border around the edges!  I have so many projects in mind using this!
 I cut the label shape at a height of 4.60 as well as the layer.  The H & B are both from the Splish Splash Lite cartridge as well.  The were both cut at a height of 1.39.  The other letters are from the Lovely Floral Lite Cartridge.  Love that font!  They are cut at a height of .93.  I welded everything together and LOVE how it turned out as a phrase!  The Butterflies are cut at a height of 1.30 from the Sophie cartridge.  The large brown label shape in the background is from CTMH Art Philosophy at a height of 6.02.  The border is also from CTMH Art Philosophy and cut at a height of 1.50.  It was cut down slightly to fit the card.
 I used Glossy Accents on the sentiment and the center of the butterflies.  I used a chocolate colored glitter glue on the wings of the butterflies as well.  I used the I-Rock and dotted the I with a hot rock... basically because I lost the dot in the mess that was on my table while trying to figure out this card.  Hee! Hee!
I used a couple of the same shapes on the inside and then just cut a 3" x 6" piece of white and used a rounded corner punch for the sentiment mat.  Overall, I was very pleased with the way it turned out.  I would love to hear what ya'll think of it.  Thanks so much for visiting today!

11 comments:

  1. Love it! I'm not very good at combining different fonts; you did an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card. I love the intricate cuts on this and the color. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!!! Wow, I looked at that cart and dismissed it as one I wouldn't use; however, I'm liking that shape myself -- may have to reconsider.

    I have so many reward points, but there's never been anything available I'd want and/or don't already have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and love the colors. Now, I need that cart for the label, the flourish is so intricate and makes for an elegant card. Thanks again for the wonderful comments you leave on my blog, it makes my day. As for the spider card, that is for my 12 year old grandson who likes that creepy stuff- LOL! Forgot to add in my previous post that now, I get to make a Hello Kitty Halloween for a friends' granddaughter, talk about a contrast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE the cuts! Gorgeous Paper! JUST has that WOW factor! I can see why you decided to get this cartridge! :o)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, so elegant! I love the curvy, flowing feel of this card. And the butterflies are a wonderful touch...everything just came together perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is GORGEOUS!!! You always find the prettiest cuts. I never even noticed this label. You really made it stand out. I also love how you mixed the fonts. Never would have thought to do that.You tend to make me look closer at my carts. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely lovely, OK now I have to have this cartridge too! I just cashed in some points and if I would have known I would have added it to my basket. Oh well next time. You are such and inspiration and an ENABLER!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful card, i love how your mind works. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so so pretty! love all the layers.... it hurts when I see measurements such as 4.60, 1.39...because I know you used my beloved Gypsy (died again on me!...now the waiting to get a replacement and having to link up 200+ carts and download files...blah blah...I know, whatever Gaby! lol).. OK back to the card..love the edge and the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete