Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Christmas Ornament Card...

Hey Ya'll,
Well, today, I have a really beautiful project to share with you that is something a little different for me.  Different being that I never use rub-ons, but this time, I tried and this is what I came up with.  I found this amazing collection of Anna Griffin Christmas Rub-Ons back in the spring and I am finally getting to tear into them and try them out.
 For this card, I used CTMH-Art Philosophy.  Here is the Ornament Card Gypsy File.  I used rub-ons for the ornament, the snowflake and the holly leaves in the top.  I then used glossy accents over the rub-ons and they look SO good glossy.  I used come Martha Stewart Glitter Eyelash Yarn behind the green doily to add a little bling.  I used the MS branch punch to punch out the greenery that I used on the top.  I also used ribbon from My Craft Spot for the top of the ornament.
 This card has lots of layers as I popped everything with 3D adhesive.
I kept the inside very simple with a white sentiment mat.  At the bottom, I added another holly rub-on to finish it off.  Well, after trying this one out, you are gonna see lots of rub-on work coming from us for a while.  I had no idea that they were this vivid and easy to use!  Thanks so much for visiting today!  I would love to know what you think of it.

11 comments:

  1. This is FABULOUS!!! All the layers look so pretty and elegeant. Very nice Christmas card-your details are beautiful:)

    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What an elegant and happy looking card. By just looking at your card it makes me feel that Christmas is here =)

    Jerosha
    http://scrapbookingwithjerosha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! They really are beautiful and I can't wait to try mine out, just wish my cards looked as nice as yours!
    Love It

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty! Love the rich colors and textures.

    http://michelesscrapninksite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning and so festive for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning, stunning card! Absolutely gorgeous!

    I just thought of something that might be of use to you this month. A bit ago, I did a little tutorial on adding numbers to your blog post comments. It really helps! Here's the LINK if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous just gorgeous! love it! I so need this MS punch... I have like 60 of her punches, and not this one? TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an elegant card! Those branches don't look like they r made from paper! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am just loving these Rub Ons. Love the art philosophy card as well. This card is outstanding! TFS, Mary M

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowsers! I have never seen rub-ons like that before. Sooooo beautiful! TFS!

    p.s. The card is totally beautiful!! :-)

    ReplyDelete