Monday, November 28, 2011

My Craft Spot Challenge #35

Hey Ya'll,
Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  We worked... the whole thing.  Hee! Hee!  Oh well... such is life anymore.  We are really looking forward to Christmas and a little down time.  So, today, I have my latest DT project for My Craft Spot.  Hope you like it!  This week's challenge is to make a Window Christmas Card.  I didn't have much time to work on this with the craziness of the holiday, but I was pretty happy with the way that it turned out.
 For the front, I used stamps from My Craft Spot out of this year's holiday collections.  I stamped Merry Christmas on a label shape, used a branch punch to add a little green around the label shape and put it on top of the window.  The window cut is from the Christmas-Noel Solutions cartridge.  I wanted it to look like the outside of a house, so I used white textured card stock and cut out a bunch of border shapes from Martha Stewart Elegant Cake Art.  I inked the edges in brown and then added them one strip at a time, overlapping, so that it looked like siding.
 I used glitter glue on the tips of the siding to make it look like a little snow.  I also added it to the panes of the window.  Since the window is on the inside of the card, I cut everything twice so that I could duplicate it on the inside of the card.
I stamped the card on the inside with My Craft Spot stamps as well.  I cut the Mrs. Clause from the Santa's Village Imagine Cartridge.  I took some Christmas paper that I thought looked like wallpaper.  I also used a wood grain paper on the bottom 2 inches.  I separated them with a 1/2 inch strip of white paper, inked, and I repeated this on the top to look like chair rail and crown molding.  I then used white seam binding ribbon from My Craft Spot and created a valance on the window.  I simply used a strip of ATG tape and gathered the ribbon along the top.  Very easy to do.

I sure would love to hear your comments.  Also, don't forget that this is the last day to enter to win our giveaway!  A full sized Cricut Cake Machine!
Here is the link to the giveaway.  Cake Machine Giveaway Link
Thanks so much for visiting today!  Please comment and let us know what you think of today's project!

28 comments:

  1. Very cool! I really like how you did the window, with the full image inside the card! Fabulous!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What another great masterpiece Bobby !!!
    Hugs
    Adele

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Had to work on the store the whole weekend too.... but it's looking better and better everyday! Took yesterday off to recoop... :o)
    LOVE your card! I know I've told ya this before but I'm SOOOOO Jealous you have this cartridge! LOL Maybe Santa will bring it to me for Christmas! I know a little late but it's all good! tehehehe LOVE The ribbon looking like a valance on the window... Very CUTE! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I am just floored by this card! And you didn't have much time to create it? It would take me hours! Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG --- I am absolutely speechless.

    Well, that didn't last for long. LOL My mouth is still hanging on the floor, tho. I can't believe what I'm looking at. It is absolutely gorgeous, beautiful, stunning!!!!

    Bobby, you are truly in a "league all of your own" w/ your creativity!!

    This one totally blew me away!!! Can you tell? LOL

    Thanks, again, for sharing all of your creativity w/ all of us. You're a gem!

    p.s. I know I can't enter your contest cuz I live in Canada so this is in no way, shape or form, "sucking up" to try to win.

    I meant everything I said!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I'm sure glad you didn't have much time to work on this cause I can't imagine how much more fabulous this card could get. I love everything about this, from the outside in. The woodgrain paper is brilliant and what can I say about the window, the curtains just everything is terrific. Your creativity is amazing. Thanks for sharing such a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card!! Love the inside ~ the wallpaper, crown molding, curtain swag, Mrs. Claus ~ all of it really!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a stunning card and the inside is absolutely stunning and a pleasant surprise when opened!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow,this is amazing.Love your window and the curtain pelmet is a fabulous idea.You always make such stunning cards and this is no exception.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how your creations always tell a story inside and out! I knew you would rock this challenge with something amazing! The drapery in the window is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So nice to see the outside AND inside of a card. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! I love window cards! had a ball making one for halloween for the circle blog. this one is awesome! Love that cart and have used it more than any other Imagine cart and only had it about a month! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it, love it, love it!!! It's perfect. The ribbon curtain, genius.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is definitely a WOW card... I can't even imagine how it could have been anymore amazing if you had more time to work on it.. Very very creative, I always love to stop by to see what you are up too...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your card! It is so detailed and really has that warm, homey feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your window card. It is so pretty and I love the inside of the window when you open the card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG that card is amazing! Bobby you are so creative, I just can't get over the siding on the house, the window and valance and I could go on and on! Just beautiful!
    Crafty Hugs,
    Pendra

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another stunner! I love the way you created the outside of the house...reminds me of my grandmother's old house...good memories there. The window is wonderful with the frost on the panes and Mrs. Santa is just amazing! Crinkle ribbon for curtains was a stroke of genius! The inside of your house looks like something out of a storybook...just perfect! Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome card! So many creative touches...I just love it. TFS Cathie
    www.creativecutter.org

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this card.. I hope I can be this good one day.. You are such a creative inspiration.
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantastic job, so much detail. I love it

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your card is so sweet! I love the cutout window and your choices for patterned paper.
    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. A big congratulations to Jane!!!

    By the way, love-love the card!!!

    P.S. I thought I'd left a comment earlier but as I don't see it... wanted to make certain though I'd congratulated Jane on her win, and let you know I really love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Another stunning creation, Bobby. I'm featuring it in my Fantabulous Friday post at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog tomorrow. Be sure to check it out.

    Peggy T.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This card blows my mind!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!! You have a serious gift there you!!!! I could write a page on what I like about it but I will just say that it is spectackular!!!!!!!!!!!! oh, I forgot , AND INGENIOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I forgot to tell you I am your newest follower and I think I have found my new favorite place to go. Nice to be your bloggin sista!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a fabulous card! This is similar to one I am working on right now! Isn't it fun to create the scenes!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. WOW. This card is fantastic. There are so many different elements to it as well as being super imaginative and original.

    ReplyDelete