Wednesday, November 2, 2011

'Tis the Season - My Craft Spot Stamp Set Debut!

Hey Ya'll,
YAY!  It's Day 3 of the My Craft Spot Release Party!  Today's Stamp Set is 'Tis the Season!  I am really excited about this one because I made an easel card!  These are very new to me.
 This is a 6x6 easel card.  I used Olive Seam Binding, Vintage Cherry Twine, Vintage Green Twine and the 'Tis the Season Stamp Set from My Craft Spot.  I also used Winter Woodland for the snowflakes shapes.  For the card, I cut a piece of card stock 6x12.  You score it in half at 6" and the score one side at 3".  You then cut another piece of card stock at 6x6.  Then use adhesive to stick the 6x6 piece on the hinge.  Then you decorate however you want.  I cut a mat at 5 3/4x5 3/4.  I then used some of the olive seam binding and gathered it on the sides with ATG tape.  Then I cut the santa mat at 5 1/4 x 5 1/4 and used a rounded corner punch.  I cut my snowflakes and stamped with the Merry Christmas from this set.  I also added two colors of Vintage Twine before sticking down the mat under the large snowflake.
For the inside, I cut a blank mat at 5 3/4x5 3/4.  I then cut a 2" x 5 3/4" piece for the bottom.  Then I added more ribbon and the decorative mats.  I also stamped this with the Santa Clause is Comin' to Town stamp from the same set.  One tip is to use 3D adhesive on this piece so that the top of the card has something to stand up on.
This is what the card looks like when it stands up.  This was such a fun project and I hope you will try one too.  I couldn't believe how fast it went together and it was very easy to make.  I would love to know what you think about it!

Now, make sure you head over to My Craft Spot for your chance to win today's amazing prize.  Today is the wonderful Holiday Baker's Twine Set!
Please come back tomorrow for Day 4 of the My Craft Spot release party!

17 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. I love that vintage Santa. Gorgeous papers and I love the seam binding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card turned out beautiful. I love everything about it! The color combination is so pretty. Great job! :)

    I've never made an easel before, but I really want to try making one. Thank you for the directions and tips on putting one together.

    Ally

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is truly beautiful! love the twine and the large Santa!! Seriously wonderful!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bobby this is stunning.I love your easel card.Great job.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful vintage card! This is truly gorgeous and I love the way you gathered the ribbon along each side of your image, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bobby your card is awesome!! Love that Santa and those snowflakes you have the sentiment on are divine!! Fabulous!!
    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card. Love vintage feel to this card. Awesome papers and the size is wonderful. The sentiment is perfect for this card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card, love the snowflakes!!
    Kristan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful vintage card!! Love it:)TFS!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous easel card, Bobby! The snowflakes are such a lovely addition to it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card!! I love the vintage look and the beautiful snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! LOVE this Easel Card! Sooo Vintage looking and very festive for the holidays! :o)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, WOW, WOW! Love the vintage look of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. very nice card. so vintage looking. tfs.
    littlen44 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. very beautiful!

    Luanne
    myfootahead@gmail dot com
    http://craftersreference.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful Santa card, I love easel cards.
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I must be losing it because I could have sworn, I left a comment on your Santa easel card earlier when I visited and saw it several days ago! Anyway, it's not here, so I guess I didn't so I'm letting you know now I love it!!! You always do a great job!

    ReplyDelete