Tuesday, November 1, 2011

White Christmas - My Craft Spot Stamp Set Debut!

Hey Ya'll,
Welcome to Day 2 of the My Craft Spot Release Party!  Today's stamp set is "White Christmas".  I went a little non-traditional with this one today and had fun playing with unusual colors and something a little different for this card.
 For this card, I used the White Christmas stamp set, My Craft Spot Twine called Lilac, a pocket cut from Cricut, Mug cuts, doily cuts and tag cuts.  I wanted something to go with this cocoa bag, so I made the normal sized half card (well, normal to me.  Hee! Hee!).  I had this one sheet of Christmas paper with pink and the rest is history.  Hee! Hee!  One thing that is wonderful about Kimberly's new sets are there are accent stamps included with the sentiments.  I cut out the mug shape in pink and then used chocolate ink to add snowflakes.  I used the Hot Chocolate Warms the Heart stamp for the tag on top and tied it with some Lilac twine.  It's probably hard to see in the paper, but there are tiny bits of purple here and there.
 I used a new eyelash yarn by Martha Stewart that is glittery.  I put it behind the doily shape and added it to the pocket.  The pocket is just the right size for this gourmet cocoa.  It makes the card front pretty heavy, but what a wonderful thing to do for work Christmas cards?  You get a hand made card and a special gift!
Again, for the inside, these sets come with wonderful, longer sentiments as well, so it's so easy to do up the inside!  I also used the same ink for add a few of the snowflakes from the set.  I added one piece of the metallic eyelash yarn and two pieces of twine to finish it off!

Make sure you hop over to My Craft Spot for a chance to win todays fantastic prize!
I would love to know what you think of this idea and hope you will visit again tomorrow!

20 comments:

  1. Oh, my, such a beautiful card and love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is absolutely amazing. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I really love this and may have to "borrow" this one. I love that ribbon from MS , the color is wonderful! Another fabulous project....love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the colors are fantastic. Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish this card was for me! I love the fun colours - and I'm a HUGE fan of hot chocolate, too! What a great idea to include a pocket right on the front of the card!
    Thanks so much for your comment on my blog. I look forward to seeing your snowman card next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the colors you used on this, and hot chocolate is one of my favorite winter treats.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE THIS COLOR COMBO! This is such a fun card and the hot chocolate is such an added bonus!! What an awesome idea!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card as always Bobby :)
    TFS with us
    Hugs
    Adele

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the non trational colours!! This is such a cute idea, can't wait to see what's up your sleeves for tomorrow!!
    Kristan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my - I am so loving all the new stamps! I'm going to need them all..LOL - the projects you are making is NOT helping my addiction either! Love this Cocoa holder card! Beautiful colors and I love the twine on the inside!!!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card and fabulous idea.Love the colours you used and the eyelash fibre.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an adorable card. Love that is holds the Cocoa mix. Great colors and wonderful detail as always... B E A U T I F U L ! ! !

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a super FUN idea! I LOVE the colors you used...so cute, great idea!! TFS!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Soooo pretty! What a great way to package Hot Cocoa! The inside of your card is as beautiful as the front!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very Pretty! The colors are lovely and makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside just thinkin' about hot cocoa! :o)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a cute idea. tfs.
    littlen44 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. that is so cute! receiving a coffee - thanks, receiving coffee in a card - amazing! love it

    Luanne
    myfootahead@gmail dot com
    http://craftersreference.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card, you are so talented.
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lucky people at your work!!! Who wouldn't love to receive that!! Beautiful! TFS! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super creative idea! Great color choice and I'll take sugar free chocolate! ha!

    ReplyDelete