Friday, December 16, 2011

Happy Holly-Days...

Hey Ya'll,
Well, today is a fun card to share... well... almost.  We don't say Happy Holidays.  We say "Merry Christmas"!  This whole Holiday Tree thing really irritates me.  I feel so blessed to have been raised in a family that believes in so many holiday traditions and shared them with me.  I also believe that those who have their own beliefs and traditions are blessed for having their own ways of celebrating what they consider a holiday.  With that...  No one in my family would ever consider changing the name of one of our sacred celebrations to make someone else "OK" with it.  So... this is my little soap box day, I guess.  Whatever celebrations you hold near and dear to your hearts, we sincerely hope that they are happy and that this year brings you more joy than you have ever felt in the past.  From the bottom of our hearts, since we celebrate Christmas, we also want to wish you a Very Merry Christmas!  We will not watch the lighting of any "Holiday Tree" this year because we still haven't been told what the occasion is yet, so what food should we cook and how should we dress?!?  I mean REALLY?!?  Hee! Hee!
Ok... Now back to today's card.  Happy Holly-Days!  The flowers and sentiment on this card came from more of the Anna Griffin Rub-Ons.  The shapes were cut with CTMH Art Philosophy.  Shocker, right?  Hee! Hee!

So... Big Bug Hugs from Cricut Couple.  Merry Christmas and we sure hope you are enjoying the cards!

6 comments:

  1. And MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and your family also my friend! Don't wonder about people who dream up all this "political correctness garbage". I think they must be some sad, bitter folks with little to no joy in their lives. I love your sweet card for today...the colors are fabulous and I love the shape of that beautiful mat! Big hugs right back at you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card love the colors, but I like you say MERRY CHIRSTMAS as I like to keep CHRIST in my Christmas! Don't worry about others just be true to your heart and God will shine through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards!! We say Merry Christmas here too. :) Hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bravo!!! We don't know what a "holiday tree" is either. It is and always has been Merry Christmas. If someone celebrates differently, that's their prerogative. Just don't try to shove it down my throat. OK the card is beautiful. I love the rub-ons. The sentiment is a cute play on words. But we know you still mean Merry Christmas. You two have a wonderful Christmas my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your cards! Hope you all have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards! Merry Christmas to you and your family!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete