Monday, December 12, 2011

My Craft Spot Challenge #37 - Christmas Shaped Cards...

Hey Ya'll,
Thanks for visiting today!  Today's challenge over at My Craft Spot is all about creating "Shaped" cards.  Here is my design... hope you like it!
 For this card, I used Navy Blue Seam Binding and Stamps from My Craft Spot.  I also used the Trim the Tree seasonal cartridge from Cricut and the Gypsy.
 I used the shadow layer of this card and used the Gypsy to weld the shapes together at the top of the bow on the gift.  This made the card base which I cut out of a green glittery damask paper.  I then cut the top layer in red polka dotted glittered paper.  I used the sewing machine and stitched the navy blue seam binding to look like it wrapped the package and then added a bow.  I cut out a little gift tag and stamped it with the "No Peeking".  This is just one of the really fun stamps in this set.
For the inside, I cut the shadow layer a little smaller and then used detail scissors to cut across the top taking off the ornamental top of the package.  It made a great interior mat. I then cut a rectangle and used a rounded corner punch for the sentiment and stamped it with a sentiment from the My Craft Spot stamps.

Well, I was really excited with the way it turned out.  I really don't do many shape cards, but after this one, I think I will be trying more and more.  Thanks so much for visiting today and we sure hope you stop by My Craft Spot and enter the challenge this week and check out all of the amazing designs by the MCS Design Team!  We would love to hear what you think, so please leave a comment and let us know how we are doing!

13 comments:

  1. Very pretty card, the navy blue brings it right out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really really cute. Love the seam binding what a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card! The ribbon looks super - especially with the stitching! The best thing about this gift is that you don't need to worry about ripping it as it's opened! This is certainly one for the display case!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the shape of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beauty! Love the blue seam binding! Great idea!
    http://cricutcouple.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oopps! I copied your URL to put on my dashboard and forgot to change back to my name! Sorry!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card. Love the ribbon!
    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous shaped card! Love the colors and that vivid blue seam binding just pops! Love that you used that same blue ink on the inside...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute card. The seam binding is wonderful and pops on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know I just love shape cards and this is just AWESOME! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous.Love the shape,cut and vivid ribbon.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful shaped card! I LOVE shaped cards. I love YOUR cards!!! TFS! :-)

    ReplyDelete