Saturday, December 24, 2011

Oh Glittery Christmas Tree...

Hey Ya'll,
Well, Merry Christmas Eve to ya!  Hope everyone is having a blast getting ready for the big morning!  Today, I wanted to share a card with you that I made for my Parents this year.  My Mom is crazy about glitter, so there would be no other options for their Christmas Card.  Hee! Hee!
 For this card, I used Sophie and CTMH Art Philosophy.  I also used My Craft Spot Stamps for the Merry Christmas.  The tree with layers and the tree doily are from Sophie.  The scalloped circle and the bottom label shapes are from CTMH Art Philosophy.  The snowflakes are from a Martha Stewart Punch.  I used paper from a Recollections Christmas stack that I got at Michaels.  I used glitter ribbon (green on left) and a bit of lace.  Everything is inked with a deep purple ink.
 I kept the inside blank so that I could write a lot.  All of the mats were just cut with the straight cutter and then punched with a rounded corner punch.
I popped all of the layers and then covered the tree layers with stickles.  I also added some glitter to the snowflakes and bottom back layer.  I also made an envelobox for the card with the Enveloper by Crafter's Companion.  I also used scraps to make the labels for the front of the envelope.  I just loved the way this card turned out and hope that my parents love it too.

We hope you all have a wonderful and relaxing Christmas.  We are so glad that the season is about over (the working retail thing...  Hee! Hee!) but we are really looking forward to everyone seeing the house decorations and enjoying a great dinner.  16 guests tomorrow afternoon so it's gonna be a busy day.  We are also looking forward to a more relaxed 2012.  So... Merry Christmas everyone!  We hope that Santa brings you tons of great crafty gifts!  We would love to hear what you think about the card today.  Thanks so much for sharing your time with us!

9 comments:

  1. This card is fabulous. You put your heart and soul into every card you make and it shows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card!!! Love the sparkle - and Merry Christmas to you both!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bobby, your mom is going to love that beautiful, glittery card!!! It's gorgeous!!!

    Also, I had to make certain I got here to wish one of my fav family-friends a very merry, bright and blessed holiday! Give yourself and Jill a big hug from me!!!

    I'll be seeing you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the tree doily. Merry Christmas to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bobby & Jill, You know I LOVE everything you make. This card is no exception. Donna & I wanted to let you we appreciate your friendship.
    We wish you and your family a blessed Christmas. May the love, peace and joy of the Lord Jesus abide with you this Christmas Season.

    Peggy & Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for showing all the wonderful, intricate cards that you do - I just love your blog! I wish you a very blessed Christmas!!

    Jan S.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card. Your parents will love it.too. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my goodness! This card is gorgeous! Beautiful work!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful!! I love the tree doily and the glittery frame for your sentiment! So pretty!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete