Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Cherub Card...

Hey Ya'll,
I have another Valentine's Card to share with you today.  I was just really thrilled with the way it turned out and I sure hope you like it!
 For this card, I used papers from Anna Griffin.  These papers come from the Autumn Paper collection on HSN.  I found this image of the Cherub on a Google Search.  It was actually in a vintage valentine, but I cut it out with a craft knife.  Unfortunately, when I did, I didn't do a very good job and cut through some of the ribbon that ran over it's little parts. So... I sat it aside for a while.  I cut the label shape using CTMH Art Philosophy as well as the heart from a rose petal paper.  I cut the background shape for the heart from Martha Stewart Seasonal Cake Art Cartridge.  I added another heart to the inside and stamped it as well as the label shape on the front.  These stamps are Tim Holtz that I got on clearance at Michaels a long time ago.  Of course, in my normal fashion, it took me a year and a half to use them.  Hee! Hee!
I placed my mats and then added part of a white doily.  I then picked up the little cherub and added it to the front with 3D adhesive.  Then I had a thought, so I grabbed this beautiful Cranberry Crinkle Ribbon from My Craft Spot.  I started by running a strip of ATG tape across the card and down the side.  I just started gathering (clumping really) the ribbon all throughout the card and also covering where the ribbon print was on the cherub.  VOILA!  It worked!  I then added a bow to the label shape and added the little heart to the top as if the cherub was holding a valentine.  I used glossy accents on the heart as well.  I also added some stickles here and there on the label shape to highlight the stamping.
I kept the inside simple.  I added the heart that I stamped and a little crown stamp.  The crown stamp is from the same Tim Holtz set, but the shape it's on was cut with the Cricut from the Sophisticated cartridge.  This Anna Griffin paper is so inspiring!  I just love the way this all turned out.  That ribbon really saved me on this one!  Hee! Hee!  I would love to hear your thoughts on this card and I am so glad to stopped in for a visit today!

14 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Bobby! So vintage. That ribbon is awesome! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is GORGEOUS! I LOVE the ribbon and that paper from Anna G. The Autumn colors look so elegant with the floral design... Sooo Pretty! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Love the detail but I am sure he didn't like the loss of his parts! teehee
    Even the inside of the card is beautiful! TFS
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful1 The ribbon, no one would ever know if you didn't tell on yourself. lol That cherub looks like a ceramic figurine. The picture is so good that it shows a lot of depth. I thought you had glued one on when I first saw it.
    Real Victorian elegance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow...oh wow...oh wow! What a stunning card! It's so rich and elegant! The cherub is beautiful and I love the quick fix with the ribbon (which is gorgeous!). Beautiful card, inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are both so very creative, this is just gorgeous... and i wanted to thank you again for amazing talent with me... i have the Friends and Neighbors stamp set but had to order the Winter Wonderland set.. hoping to have it all cut out by the time the order gets here... thank you
    Sandy from ukiah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, if you're still not sure how you like it, send it to me!!! LOL!!! It's beautiful!! It's gorgeous!!! I love everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a marvelous job!!! with the ribbon and the whole design! I have those stamps! but have never used them (like so many) Love how you used them!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! I love what you did with the seam binding too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card.Love how you used the ribbon to preserve little cherub's modesty!The glossy accents on the heart is a great touch too.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I ALWAYS love your vintage type cards and this is no exception - what a beautiful cherub and I love those papers!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  12. I betcha the li'l cherub was happy that you were able to cover up his "privates" w/ that gorgeous ribbon! Beautiful card!! Love it! TFS! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely, lovely card! I love the vintage look! Great job with the strategically placed ribbon too!!

    ReplyDelete