Sunday, January 29, 2012

Cupid and Clutter....Hee! Hee!

Hey Ya'll,
Well, I have an unusual one to share with you today.  This is a cupid card.  It started out with one thing in mind and then sort of fell apart along the way, but the thought behind it was cool so I thought I would share it.  Hee! Hee!
 I used the Imagine to print this paper at the 12x12 size.  This made the cupid a great size for a half card.  I used a MS punch on the bottom with black under neath.  I also used Crinkle Ribbon in Cranberry and Black across the center of the card.  The Always and Forever are from My Craft Spot Stamps and the label shapes are from CTMH AP.  The small heart is also from CTMH AP and the scalloped heart is from MS Seasonal Cake Art.
 I used a chocolate ink on everything and then I added some metal flowers.  This stuff was in our stash for a long time.  Jill got a bunch of broken necklaces a couple of years ago and these were parts from those necklaces.  I used some Gem Tack to attach them.
For the inside, I added a couple of mats and stamped more from this stamp set.  The hearts and the mat are a rose petal paper I have had for years.  I think it was Hobby Lobby's house brand.  Don't really remember.  Hee! Hee!  So... Overall, I thought it was blog worthy.  I don't exactly know what happened, but this was completely supposed to go a different way.  Hee! Hee!  I would love to know what you think, or if you think it went wrong.  Hee! Hee!  Thanks so much for visiting today!

10 comments:

  1. Wow! This is a beautiful card. I love how you always put so much detail in your cards inside and out. Have a great Sunday. -Hugs, Tami

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a wonderful card. Unique, the colors and papers are awesome and I love the mat inside of the card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what your original idea was for this card, but I absolutely love it. I think it turned out great! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun, blingy card! I love all the great embellishments and would have never thought to use broken necklaces...brilliant! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is a very nice card! Love the embellishments!! The pp is very nice! Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it came out gorgeous!!! Wouldn't change a thing! Don't you love when something works out so differently than you expect?!?!?

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't ya just love it when something you had originally planned, doesn't quite work out how you wanted it to, and then it turns out even better??!!! Gorgeous!

    What Imagine cart was that BG paper from?? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card and love love those metal embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've had many a card turn out to have minds of their own! Your card turned out just the way it should have. It's perfect - and most definitely blog worthy!

    ReplyDelete