Sunday, January 15, 2012

Flower Power I LOVE YOU Card...

Hey Ya'll,
Well, I have something a little different to share with you today.  A while back, I picked up this Cuttlebug kit at our LSS.  It's one die that cuts the pieces of this beautiful and huge flower, and then 4 embossing folders with different textures for those cuts.  I really had fun using it for this big flower.
 I used my normal half card size.  I used a chocolate card for the base, red paper and then this black and white toile patterned paper.  I inked everything with chocolate ink, but I sponged a little red on the toile paper to age it a little and make the colors blend a little more.  For the flower, you just run it though the cuttlebug to make all of your shapes and emboss them.  I used a screw punch for the center and all of the petal pieces.  I then put a brad through the center to hold them all together.  I also added a heart flower from the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge as well.  For the label shape, I used one of the pre-cut chip board shapes from the CTMHAP set and stamped it with I love you.  I also used two other heart shapes (Martha Stewart Seasonal Cake Art Cartridge) and put them on each side of the label shape to add just a little more.  I used this beautiful striped ribbon down the center.
 I inked all of the pieces with a chocolate ink and added a little bit of stickles to the center of the flower and the label shape.
On the inside, I added one heart.  The center of the heart is cut from the CTMHAP cartridge and then stamped with the stamp that comes in the set as well.  I then inked it chocolate.  There wasn't a scalloped heart on the CTMHAP cart, so I used the MS Seasonal Cake Art Cartridge and squished it slightly with the gypsy so that it made the perfect background shape.  It is also inked with chocolate.  Overall, I was so happy with the way the card turned out.  I sure hope you like it!  I would love to hear your comments!

13 comments:

  1. It is beautiful!! The colors are perfect. I want to try to make the insides of my cards more interesting perfect like yours! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful!! The colors are perfect. I want to try to make the insides of my cards more interesting perfect like yours! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bobby this is a wonderful card. I love the embossing and haven't seen those here at my LSS! The paper is gorgeous and I love the inking you did to sort of blend the toile with the red and chocolates! Gorgeous texture and dimension...I love it!
    hugs
    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! The colors are beautiful and that big flower iis oh so pretty. I have not seen that cuttlebug kit, but would love to have it. Everything about this card just comes together so well.

    I was at Sheila;s Friday night for a cardmaking and swap party. It was so much fun. Were your ears burning? We talked about how amazing all of your cardxs are. Sheila even had a couple of them to show everyone. That SASSY LADY was a SASSY HOSTESS and had a wonderful party.

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever idea with the flower, that came otu awesome. I love the card, so beautiful!!

    Laurie
    serenityscrappers

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an absolutely stunning card! I love the pretty inside too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowzer, beautiful card, my friend!!! Love that flower/cut!

    Oh, isn't today a special day for you!!! Enjoy and many blessings!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is beautiful. (as always) That big flower is beautifully embossed. Didn't I read that it's your birthday on Sheila's blog?
    Happy Birthday! Hope it was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful flower! I love the reds and browns together,very pretty color combination. And, as always, the inside your card is just as pretty as the outside...just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card. I love the flower. The colors go perfect together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry you had to work 30 hours over the long weekend! YIKES! But I gotta say you still manage to pull off an amazing card! :o) This is beautiful! I LOVE the colors and the flower....
    I also LOVE how you bring the front of your card to the inside... Looks wonderful! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful as always, love the colors. I bought this set a while back at Big Lots for $2 and made one flower and it was so big, but now that you got me into making half sheet cards I will have to get it out and give it another try

    ReplyDelete