Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Late Christmas Card...

Hey Ya'll,
Well, I know it's all over with, but I have one last Christmas card to share with you today.  So... I went to the LSS on the 22nd of December.  I had finally finished up one of those punch cards buying a lot of my favorite consumables.  I try to go a couple of times a month and get something because I really want to support them.  Well, I had a gift card and my full punch card burning a hole in my pocket, so I went by and was probably in there for over an house deciding how to spend my freebies.  Well, needless to say, I spent a LOT more than what I had freebies for, but it was Christmas.  Help 'em out, right?  Hee! Hee!  So anyway... what I decided to go crazy with was a bunch of goodies from Flower Soft.  I have had a couple of the jars of fiber from them, but that was about it.  I got a bunch of other things from them to try out.  This is one of those things.

Now... I get this stuff, get home, pick a drawer for all the new goodies and put it away.  As many of you already know, we had 16 over for Christmas Dinner.  We celebrated our family Christmas with my parents on Christmas Eve.  We had a couple of things to get to take care of Christmas Dinner, so we stopped by the store.  My Dad dropped us off at the door and then picked us up when we left.  When we got back to our house, my Dad handed me two Nook gift cards he picked up for my Mom for Christmas and said... "You have an extra Christmas card or two sitting around for these, right?"  WHAT?!?  SERIOUSLY?!?  NO!!!  So... in about 20 minutes, this is what I came up with.
 I quickly measured the dome that is by this company and fired up the Cricut and Gypsy.  I took an existing file with my card mats on it and stuck this oval in the center.  The oval cut is from CTMH Art Philosophy.  I also added the white scalloped border.  I cut the label shape on the bottom as well.  The church scene is from one of their kits with the domes, so I kinda rushed and cut all the layers.  The sentiment was on the cut out page as well.
I popped the oval around the dome and all the layers in the kit.  I added some stickles on the church and a little glitter and snow inside the dome.... Quickly stuck it all together and added a bow.  Then it was back to dinner.  I didn't have time to shoot the inside picture (forgot actually) but I used the same blue paper for the inside and the white oval from the center of the scalloped oval for the sentiments inside.

I was so pleased this the way this card turned out and she just loved it.  If ya'll haven't tried this flower soft stuff, it's really fun and I can't wait to play more with it.  If you need a source for it, I get mine from our LSS.  Their website is http://www.scrapbooksforeverbranson.com.  I don't think that she has shopping on the site, but if you call, she can send anything and is wonderful to work with.

Well, that's it for today!  I would love to know what ya'll think about this card.  Thanks for spending time with us today!

14 comments:

  1. BOBBY, you never cease to amaze me. It would have taken me 2 days to make this card. It is gorgeous. I love that globe. Never seen one used like this. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Bobby your card is amazing! I really think that some of our best cards come out when we are in a hurry. We have no time to second guess ourselves or mull over the thousands of paper choices.(lol) I just love that little church scene. I will have to get some of that flower soft this year and try it out. Thanks for the bday wishes and all the sweet comments you leave me.
    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is absolutely gorgeous!! I just love everything about it!! Great job!!

    Laurie
    serenityscrappers

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! 20 minutes.... This would have taken me hours! I can never make up my mind sometimes.... Although I agree with working under pressure... cause really great things come from it! LOL LOVE the card... it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my - LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! Sorry I've been MIA but your creations are as beautiful as ever!! I'm back now and looking forward to all your inspiration for 2012! I absolutely LOVE this globe look...absolutely gorgeous!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  6. 20 Minutes! Yikes it would take me that long for an idea and then I would have to pick out the paper.... another 1/2 hour! And look at this card! It is GORGEOUS! Love it! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a beautiful card and the scene is so peaceful. I so enjoy seeing your cards, they are creative art!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you serious? 20 minutes?! That's amazing! It takes me at least that much time to pick papers!! Beautiful card though, just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've got to be kidding me!!!! You came up with this gorgeous card in only 20 minutes?!!! You never cease to amaze me, my friend!

    This card is soooo beautiful! I've been meaning to order myself some of those domes from Flower Soft for a while now and I still haven't gotten around to doing it -- wellllll, this is incentive and inspiration enough to get going on that order for sure!!!

    P.S. You know what? You're always starting something!!!! I think you like doing that!!! LOL! I absolute love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is beautiful! I can't believe you did it in 20 minutes! It would've taken me at least 2 hours -- most likely more. Just love the card! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. 20 min?? Seriously? Am I in the Twilight Zone?? LOL Oh yeh, I'm in the "Bobby Zone"!!

    Another great card! But 20 min??? Wowsers!
    TFS! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow...this card is truly a work of art! You have your own little winter wonderland going on there and it looks like wonderful place to be! So serene and just lovely...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Only 20 minutes?! That's incredible!! This card is gorgeous! I love it - and am so impressed what you were able to make under pressure. I've never used Flower Soft before and really should try to find it somewhere!!

    ReplyDelete