Thursday, January 26, 2012

A lot in one day... Hee! Hee!

Hey Ya'll,
Well, today is a very important day for a few different reasons.  For starters, today is my second day with projects using the adorable new Build a Valentine and Always and Forever stamps recently released by My Craft Spot.  It's also Sassy Tutorial Day on She's a Sassy Lady!  So... since the schedules crossed, I thought I would just lump it all together and share a simple thing that was lots of fun to create and that I am thrilled with the way it turned out.  I made my own background paper using the Build a Valentine stamps!
 This is the front of the card.  I made the background paper.  Very simple to do.  The trim is cut in black using the Cricut and the Martha Stewart Seasonal Cake Art Cartridge.  The floating hearts were punched using a Martha Stewart Heart Punch.  You could use your Cricut if you wanted to, but this was just very simple.
 I used Twine from My Craft Spot and ran it from the top of the mat to behind each of the floating hearts.  I added a little stickles to the edge of the hearts to make them stand out a little bit more.
 I stamped the sentiment on the inside and added an extra piece of trim to finish it off.
 This is the Build a Valentine set and the background paper.  I simply took a 12x12 piece of white card stock and stamped the heck out of it.  Hee! Hee!  I picked 4 colors of ink.  I used the solid heart stamp (larger) and stamped all over the page.  I then picked one of the conversation heart stamps for each colored heart.  I used black ink and then stamped over the hearts.  I didn't want them to be totally perfect, I wanted them to be off a little bit.  Perfectly imperfect.  Hee! Hee!
 Here is a closer shot so you can see how the paper turned out.  This was so much fun to do and I will certainly be doing more of this.
 For my second card, I had a lot of fun with this one too!  This is also from the Build a Valentine set.  I immediately had a frog in mind when I saw the "Looking for a Prince" stamp.  The frog and crown are from Paisley, The circles are from CTMH Art Philosophy and the thought bubble is from Phrases.
 I just popped all of the layers and added glossy accents to the eyes of the frog and on the hearts.
For the inside, I used three different stamps from the set to make the sentiment.  So simple!
Now, Kimberly over at My Craft Spot is giving one lucky follower their choice of one of stamp set.  You can choose ANY STAMP SET BY MY CRAFT SPOT!!!  All you need to do is leave a comment and be a follower of Cricut Couple to qualify.  Comments from today's post... and on the post from the 24th (Always and Forever Day) will qualify you for the Blog Candy.  I will announce the winner on Friday, January 25th so hop on over to My Craft Spot and see which amazing set you want for your prize!

Thanks so much to Sheila for letting me play today and Thanks to Kimberly for sharing these great stamps with the world and letting me talk about them on both blogs today.  We would love to know what you think of the projects today and we really appreciate you spending time with all of us today!  

36 comments:

  1. Amazing cards as always. I love the floating hearts. You always inspire me.

    -Tami

    ReplyDelete
  2. What AMAZING work again! I LOVE LOVE LOVE those floating hearts on the first one! So cute! And as soon as I saw that sentiment, I thought of a frog too! Perfect job!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you made your patterned background and your floating hearts are awesome! Love the Frog Prince card too!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  4. The background paper came out great. Such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bobby this is adorable! Love the papers you created and the cards are just too cute. Looks like you did a little coloring too with the inside of the hearts and frogs. Awesome. Thanks for sharing with us today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cards Bobby! I just love that background paper you made. I will be snitching that one! LOL. That little frog is so cute. Fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the floating hearts. You did a wonderful background. You got the placement just right. The frog one is adorable, too. You never fail to inspire me. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards rock; the frog card is my fav though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Making your own background is a great idea. Thanks for the chance to win a stamp set. I really like the phrases in the Winter Wonderland set.
    Rae Ann O.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGOSH Bobby! They are both STINKIN" CUTE! I LOVE the Stamped paper you created yourself and that frog just puts a big ole' smile on my face... both so cute and very creative! Great cards! :O)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the background paper. I will have to try that. Thanks for sharing. Regina
    regina95370@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE THEM!!!!!!
    I love the idea of making your own paper....
    and that frog sooo cute,
    I love both sets of stamps, but If I win I would like to have the build a valentine set...
    thank you so much for the chance to win.....
    brodiec88 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think your hearts are just adorable, especially the way you "dangled" them! So cute!
    New follower!
    Thanks!
    Teresa
    happiqueen at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just adorable! 2 cute! I am a follower!

    Hugs,

    Chriss

    www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com
    america57@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  15. P.S. I would love to win the "Always and Forever" Stamp set. My hubby & I have been married for 34 years, so we are really always and forever!

    www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com
    america57@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG, Bobby!I would love to win "Always & Forever" because it is My Favorite set!!!I am a new Follower!!
    http://craftingwithcreativem.blogspot.com
    mrodriguez860@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm a new follower - found you through Sassy Lady - and I love your work. Would love to win the Build a Valentine stamp set. Thanks.
    I have no blog, but here's my email address:
    cosci_us@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a great idea. The background paper came out so cute. TFS.

    kiwie_70 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, I am OVER THE TOP impressed with your creativity and these stamps! I've never seen them before and what you did with them shows the uniqueness of your work. The color combinations are perfect and the frog can make anyone happy! Thanks for sharing and hope you can stop by and say hi. New to your blog, now following and will be checking back weekly!! I would like to win the "Always & Forever " set since we've been married for 42 years and those are the sentiments I LOVE .
    Creative Wishes,
    Claire
    www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super super cute!!! I love your background paper!! The colors you chose are fantastic!

    Jamie
    Http://oohlalapaperie.blogspot.com
    Oohlalapaperie at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  21. So cute! I love the little hearts in the Build a Valentine stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love all your projects Bobby!!!! Love this stamp set also!!!! Linda Harris Lsunflower58@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love both of your cards. I love how you made your own paper with the build a valentine stamp set. Thanks for sharing these great projects!
    keaunalynn@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love that frog... i am a follower and i would love to win a set of stamps...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cute cards, I LOVE that stamp set and would LOVE to own it!

    I am also a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am a follower of your fabulous blog. Your cards are so cute. Love how you made the paper. Thanks for the inspiration.

    pattispaperfun.blogspot.com
    lebpab21408atyahoodotcom

    ReplyDelete
  27. Bobby i finally got my snowman card done, i hope you pop over and let me know what you think.. thanks so much for all of your help...

    ReplyDelete
  28. Both your cards are just adorable Bobby!!! I love the way you used the stamp to make your own paper, great idea!

    plese.cathy at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  29. The your cards! So cute how you hung the little hears from the twine:))
    Blessings,
    Carolee
    cwolfquilter@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Cute cards but my favorite is the frog one. It is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  31. The first card is my all time favourite! I just love the colours and fun of it.
    But Mr Frog is 'toadally' cute! lol
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love your cards! Great use of stamps and color to make them your own!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great job on all of your cards! Hanging the hearts with twine turned out really cute-clever! I love the frog card! You always come up with such creative cards/projects. :)

    Ally

    ReplyDelete
  34. Super cut cards. I love that heart punch you used.
    Sew Sweet N Crafty
    SewSweetNCrafty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. More wonderful projects! You've done such a fabulous job showcasing Kimberly's stamps - here and on so many other projects too! I have to say I love that frog - especially with the golden crown. I daresay I'd kiss him given the opportunity!!

    ReplyDelete