Monday, January 30, 2012

My Craft Spot Challenge Week - Valentine

Hey Ya'll,
Well, I have a fun one to share with you today.  This week's challenge over at My Craft Spot is to make a Valentine.  I am really having a blast playing with all of the beautiful Anna Griffin papers I got for Christmas and they work perfectly with the stamps from My Craft Spot.  I just wanted to pick some colors that were inspired from these papers.  I picked out this beautiful floral which had a pale pink, bright yellow and kind of an old looking green.
 The Owl Always Love You is from 3 Birds Straight from the Nest.  The stamp shape and pink layer are from CTMH AP.  The owl is from Sentimentals.  The hearts are from a MS Punch.  The banner for the Happy Valentine's Day Stamp is from CTMH AP.  I inked everything with a bright pink color.  I added some buttons to some lace flowers and tied them with twine from My Craft Spot.
 I used some glossy accents on the owl's eyes and the lettering.  I added some stickles to the hearts and envelope the owl is holding.
I did use the sewing machine with white thread around the mat edges and on the lace on the front.  For the inside, I added a couple of hearts to finish it off.  I also used a rounded corner punch on just the bottom left and top right of everything.  I hadn't done this before, but really liked the way it looked.

We would love to know what ya'll think of this card today and we sure appreciate you sharing your time with us!  Now, be sure to hop over to My Craft Spot to see the rest of the amazing design team projects and get in on this weeks Valentine's challenge!  I bet you have something already made to enter with!

13 comments:

  1. Visiting from Craft Spot by Kimberly. Like the Owl card. Especially like the embellishing. My daughter that is a sophomore in college likes Owls. Used a Pegasus sketch my daughter created for me in my blog post today that I entered in the Anything Goes Challenge. I'm a new follower of your wonderful blog. Please visit my blog.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love owls. I love Bobby's cards. I think it's a win-win situation! ;-)

    Absolutely beautiful!! Love everything about it!! TFS! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card.Love the colours and your pretty owl.Great stitching too!
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, this is gorgeous, love everything about it. You are truly a master crafter! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very lovely!! I love the papers! We're into owls right now in my house! The soon to be 6 yr old is having a night owl birthday party so it's owls, owls, owls around here for the next few weeks..hehe! Gorgeous job this week!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is soooo PRETTY! I LOVE the colors and that paper! Everyone loves owls! :o) And you did some stitching which really adds to the whole picture! Beautiful! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful!!! Love that owl - and the lace flower behind the buttons is such a pretty touch!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is darling! The dimension on your card is super and I love the pink and green combination. I'm a sucker for plays on words so love the sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is real cute. I am learning I am not getting the most out of my glossy accents, lol. Great job! Mimi

    ReplyDelete