Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My Craft Spot Valentine's Goodies...UPDATED

Hey Ya'll,
THIS POST HAS BEEN UPDATED... PLEASE LOOK AT THE BOTTOM
First of all, today is my Sweet Jill's Birthday, so Happy Birthday Honey!  I posted her Birthday card earlier... She is on vacation and I knew she would want to be able to use her gift while she was on vacation, so she got it early.  Hee! Hee!  We have both received some amazing Birthday cards this month, so as soon as I get pics taken of them, I will be posting them.  They are all so beautiful!

Today is my day to share with you some projects made using the newly released stamps and goodies for Valentine's Day from My Craft Spot.  I am loving these stamp sets!  I hope you like what I came up with them!
 This is a card I made using the Always and Forever stamp set.  I used a vintage valentine from a paper stack.  I cut this heart shape from Damask Decor.  The shape for the label stamped with Always and Forever was from CTMH Art Philosophy.  I added some lace and some My Craft Spot Ribbon.  The interesting thing, and you will probably have to blow up the picture to see it, is on the heart shape.  I thought it was a little plain when it was put together and the hearts on the background paper have some gloss to them, so I took two of the little tiny heart stamps and stamped a pattern around the heart shape.  When it was done, I took glossy accents and filled in all the little hearts too.
You can also see the gloss on here.  I also added some glitter here and there on the vintage valentine part of it.
 My favorite part of the stamp sets are that they have so many different words, but they all go together so that you can finish the insides of your cards as well!  I used the I Love You on the little heart inside and then added Happy Valentine's Day Sweetheart using three different stamps on one block.
 I am still trying to figure out if I like the end result of this.  I have never done anything with a paper bag before.  These are also new from My Craft Spot and she has a bunch of different ones to choose from.  This is the largest size.  I folded the bottom up and added some beautiful crinkle ribbon and white lace to the edge of the bag and then sewed around it to create a pocket.  I also added a label shape to the bottom.  The best part of this set is that you can use it all year.  It's not just for Valentine's Day, it's perfect for Anniversaries or any kind of lover/couple type of card.  For the label, I added Happy Anniversary Sweetheart, which is actually three different stamps.  I added the little bitty hearts all over the place with the stamps too.  I stamped some red ones in the stripes of the bag to add a little bit more color.  The heart in the front pocket is it's own piece and the heart on the top reveals a tag.  The flower on the front is made using three different cuts from the CTMHAP cartridge.
I used the Sweethearts cartridge for the tag and the heart.  The sentiments are stamped from the set as well as the little hearts.  They really are great for adding little bits here and there.  The tag is cut out of white and the shadow layer is black.  I used red glitter glue on the dress part of the tag just to make it stand out a little more.  I also added a bit to the center of the flower and the edge of the red heart.

Well, these have been so much fun to play with.  I sure hope you like what I came up with so far.  Be sure to come back on the 26th were I have more projects to share using the "Build a Valentine" stamp set.

Now... Before you go... There is something extra that is very special about these two days.  Kimberly is going to give one lucky follower of Cricut Couple a set of these new stamps!  If you win, you get to choose whether you want the "Build a Valentine" or the "Always and Forever" stamp set!  YAY!  How cool is that?!?  All you need to do is either be or become a follower of this blog and leave a comment on either today's project or the other post on the 26th.  If you comment on both days, you will have two chances to win!
So... Go for it...  Let me know what you think about the goodies today.  We sure appreciate you visiting with us on Jill's Birthday today!  Now... we are going to go to dinner and hopefully get to see "Joyful Noise" this evening!

UPDATE:
HEY YA'LL,  I MADE A MISTAKE WHEN POSTING THE GIVEAWAY EARLIER.  KIMBERLY IS DONATING YOUR CHOICE OF ANY SET OF STAMPS BY MY CRAFT SPOT!  SO... BE SURE TO GO OVER TO MY CRAFT SPOT AND PICK OUT YOUR FAVORITE STAMP SET!  WHEN THE WINNER IS ANNOUNCED, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO LET ME KNOW AT THAT TIME WHICH ONE YOU WANT.  SO SORRY FOR THE MISTAKE AND THANKS SO MUCH TO KIMBERLY FOR YOUR GENEROUS GIFT TO A CRICUT COUPLE FOLLOWER!!!  GOOD LUCK YA'LL!  BE SURE TO COME BACK ON THE 26TH AND CHECK OUT THE PROJECTS FOR ANOTHER CHANCE TO WIN!!!

37 comments:

  1. Great Valentine's card -- such a vintage feel to it. I like the pull-out on the anniversary project. Those stamp sets look great! Thanks for the chance to win one. I've been a follower for a while now -- love checking out what you've made.
    tcsobotka at charter dot net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - both projects are STUNNING as always!!! LOVE the vintage colors on the first one - and the second project is so bold and pretty! GORGEOUS work!!! Oh...and I love both of those stamp sets, but I think if I had to choose, I would go for the Always and Forever one!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woop! Woop! Happy Birthday Jill! Hope you have a fabulous day!
    Bobby I just love your card and that bitty bag is fantastic. Love how you used the crinkle ribbon and lace on it and how you used the little heart stamp. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Both cards are just stunning, so many beautiful details and the colour combos are just grand. Happy Birthday Jill.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy happy birthday Jill! How sweet that she is on vacation for her birthday :) Love all these projects Bobby! You are so creative! Love the little bag with tag idea - very cute! I just love everything Kimberly does at My Craft Spot! I think Always and Forever is my favorite of the Valentine sets. The Build a Valentine is adorable too - I think I need them both :) Thanks for sharing your amazing talent Bobby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so pretty I love everything aboutl it. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both projects are awesome! Happy birthday Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love love your cards! You amaze me with the detail in your cards. Happy Birthday Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JILL! I LOVE both projects Bobby! They are FANTASTIC! The designs and the papers and ribbons go so well together! The sentiments really enhance your project! :o)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Came over from My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your projects are Fabulous as always!!! I love to visit your blog for such inspiration. I LOVE the build a valentine stamp set!

    Happy Birthday Jill!!

    CarolynG
    always_painting@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I just love this blog, I am already a follower!!! All of your creations are always so wonderful, great job!

    The stamp set of my choice would have to be Always and Forever!

    Thanks for the chance to win!

    mzcherub at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards. I'm a follower. My favorite stamp is Always and forever.

    Indira

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome cards! I love the Build A Valentine stamp set.

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy birthday, Jill! The card and the Valentine bag are fantastic. They are both really different and I love them both. Can't wait to see what's on for Thursday. Have a great time tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I just love your Valentines, especially the first one because I am all about vintage designs! Of the two sets, I have to say I like the Build A Valentine set the most because of those fun animal-themed sayings!!
    I'm a new follower and am sending a big happy birthday wish to Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy birthday, Jill!! I hope that you are having a lovely day - and a wonderful holiday!
    What fabulous projects, Bobby! You've done such a fantastic job with the products from My Craft Spot. I especially like those tiny little glossy hearts.
    (Remember to exclude me from the drawing. I'm just here to compliment you on your lovely creations!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the Valentine's Day projects!! I love the couple image on the second project - the red dress looks great! Thanks for a chance to win. I am a follower.

    Sue S.
    sueot33@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Birthday Jill!! I hope you are having the greatest day ever! Bobby, your projects are amazing as always! I love them both. I am already a follower and I love the Always and Forever stamp set!

    plese.cathy at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your projects are absolutely stunning, I love how unique they are! I am already a follower! The couple is adorable and the colors you selected are beautiful! Happy Birthday Jill!

    scrappindhilly at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your projects they are so beautiful. I am a new follower. You did an amazing job, i also like all your other projects too! Thanks for this awesome giveaway and thanks for sharing your great projects!
    keaunalynn@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I forgot to say Happy Birthday Jill! Have a wonderful night!
    keaunalynn@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the projects that you made and posted! Very cute & great paper colors! I love the Sweethearts cartridge, it is one that I tend to be using alot recently.

    mel.carpenter@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. gorgeous gorgeous Love it all the elements are perfect

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy Birthday Jill. Love both of the projects.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks kimberly, for your genourous giveaway. Since we are nearing Valentine's Day I would love "ALWAYS & FOREVER". I am having trouble w/Google but by tomorrow I hope I can become a follower
    marg0006@verizon.net
    Loving Scrapper 101

    ReplyDelete
  29. Happy Birthday jill!!!! Your projects are gorgeous Bobby!!! Love the tag!!! I would love to have Build a Valentine!!! Thanks for the chance!!! Linda harris lsunflower58@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh, your projects are so cute. I like the colors and design.

    Sew Sweet N Crafty
    SewSweetNCrafty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. These projects are adorable...and so different looking! I love the vintage looks but the sweet whimsical card is also fabulous. Both Valentine sets are great! I am a new follower and would love to win !
    apedoak at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love both your projects, especially the black/white bag/card. Awesome stamps. My favorites are the Inside/Out sets!! deegeescraps at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  33. What wonderful things you have been up to! 2 totally beautiful, but totally different gorgeous creations! I love them both,the layers and details on your card are just stunning. And, the little black and white bag is too cute! Looks like Kimberly has lots of new goodies that I need to go check out! Before I go shopping, Happy Birthday to your sweet Jill, I hope her day has been fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great valentines. Love the stamps you used.

    ReplyDelete
  35. these are adorable!!!!!
    thank you so much for the chance to win,
    I love Kimberly's stamps, if I win I would love to have the Sweet Sentiments #1
    brodiec88 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  36. These projects are gorgeous,love the glossy hearts on the first and great use of the bag on the second.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete