Saturday, January 28, 2012

My Funny Valentine... Hee! Hee!

Hey Ya'll,
This card was something that a friend suggested and when I heard the theme, I couldn't wait to play and come up with a design for it.  Talk about fun!  It's a very simple card, but there are quite a few little details, so let's go!
 The outfits are from Sweethearts.  The clothespins came in a little package from Michaels.  The flying banner is just a strip that I cut by hand.  It was kind of an after thought, but a really good one.  Hee! Hee!  I stamped it with a Valentine's Stamp from the Build a Valentine collection and the mini hearts used on the clothes from the Always and Forever stamp set... also the twine that came from My Craft Spot.
 You may have to blow up this for the details, but the lady's outfit is actually three pieces.  The base is the white layer.  It's stamped with pink hearts.  It is then cut again out of Vellum.  The Vellum is then stamped with red hearts.  The bra part is cut from a pink patterned paper.  I then used a stylus to add some shape to the outfit.  The guy's shorts are cut out of white and stamped with hearts.  The waste band is cut from red.  They are all raised with 3D adhesive.  The clothes pins are just attached to the clothing.  The We're Staying Home was simply written with a red marker. 
For the inside, I kept is simple... added a couple of hearts (MS Punch) and the sentiment was written with a red marker.  I just thought this was such a funny idea!  Hope ya'll will play and have some fun with your Valentine's this year.  We would love to hear your thoughts and are so excited that you spent some time with us today.  Hope it was worth it...  Hee! Hee!

17 comments:

  1. Now, this is just too cute! What a card!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL This is tooo much! Its absolutely AMAZING!!!Love it!!
    http://craftingwithcreativem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute - cute card. Love the "optional" clothing on the front and the imagination on the inside! Great detail as always. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL so creative :) Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absoutley adorable! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha soo funny and cute !! :) love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just too cute. Love your sense of humor. You must keep Jill in stitches or you drive her crazy. tee hee! Just kidding. You 2 must have a wonderful time together. Enjoy Valentines Day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute - and pretty, too.
    Rae Ann O.
    http://joyinart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous!! Lovely and naughty at the same time! Lol.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGOSH! I TOTALLY LOVE this Card! It's sooo naughty and yet soooo stinkin' CUTE! I'm totally gonna make this for my hubby! I hope you don't mind... but it's perfect! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card! Thanks for such a wonderful naughty idea! It's perfect for V-Day!!--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really cute! I love the whole idea!!! You go girl...love it! Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a crazy-fun-nutty idea...
    I was about to agree with the addition of the banner being a great ideas...and saw the inside sentiment! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOOOOVE this!!! The "We're staying home" just had me in stitches! So clever!! This really is such fun!

    ReplyDelete