Saturday, January 14, 2012

Sweet Friends...

Hey Ya'll,
Well, I have a Sweet Friends card to share with you today.  You ever have those times when you just look at one item (in this case paper) and say... I really want to make something special with that... and then it becomes the entire focus of the project?  Well, that is what I did here.  I hope I did it justice.  Hee! Hee!  I started with a beautiful paper by Anna Griffin.  This came with the Autumn paper set on HSN.
 I used an olive green card stock for the base, then did a mat using black, then brown and then the beautiful paper.  I had these stamps from Anna Griffin with the flourish type design and the words Sweet & Friends.  I used the Sophisticated cartridge and cut out the three shapes.  I then stamped the flourish design in a turquoise color.  I stamped friends and sweet in a deep green color and then I inked the edges of everything with a rust color.
 I added a flower to the bottom, a piece of trim from our cheap trim score across the center.  I used foam adhesive to pop all of the shapes.  On the flourish shape, I used glossy accents to highlight a bit and then used the I-Rock with some gems to finish off the center label.  I really love how the colors all came together to compliment that beautiful paper!
I kept the inside very simple... again to highlight the paper... and just added a white sentiment mat that was also inked with the rust color.  Overall, I was really pleased with the way the card turned out and I think there was just enough turquoise to bring out that color in the paper.  I would love to hear what you think of it!  Thanks so much for visiting today!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful paper. and, yes, you definitely did it justice. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made a beautiful card. Also, like the stamp, Anna Griffin products are so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful-beautiful card!!! Oh, if only I could think of something as beautiful to pull out and use my Anna Griffin; well...., until I can, it stays hoarded!!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. See... My first problem with the paper idea is... I WOULDN'T WANT TO USE THE PAPER! LOL Noooo matter how special my friend is! tehehehe... OK I gotta a problem... :o) That paper is soooo pretty and your card is BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE how it came together with those colors....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh - what FABULOUS paper - brilliant with all the fun shapes you've put together! love it!
    hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful and of course you did that beautiful paper justice. Love it

    ReplyDelete