Friday, January 13, 2012

Vintage Love Card...

Hey Ya'll,
Thanks so much for visiting today.  I have a card to share today that I made using something I completely forgot about.  You know... when you get something new and you are so incredibly organized that you immediately sort everything and put it away... and then... you are looking for something completely different and... OH!  There that is!  I completely forgot about it!  Ok... that probably makes no since and I am SURE that has never happened to you.  Hee! Hee!  Well it totally did to me and it was the great chipboard shapes that came with the Art Philosophy Cartridge set from Close to my Heart.
 I did my typical half card size.  The LOVE banner is from those shapes that came with the cartridge set.  I inked the edges with a ruby colored ink and pounced the color lightly on the front.  These shapes take color perfectly!  I used an Anna Griffin Lace Border stamp and stamped the pattern onto the banner shapes.  I used the Cricut and the Botanicals cartridge to cut out LOVE.  I looped some beautiful twine from My Craft Spot and tied little bows to the ends.  I used 3D adhesive to make it stand from the mat a little bit as well.
 The lace trim is from our little excursion with my parents recently.  We left that place with three huge bags of trim for less than $20.00!!!  SCORE!  This is a beautiful crochet trim that has the ribbon already sewn to it.  A strip of ATG and Viola!  The stamp cut is from Sentimentals and the vintage card is from a K&Company paper stack I found at Michaels last year.  The flowers in the vintage card were yellow and I didn't like them with the colors of the card, so I covered them with Flower Soft!  I love this stuff!!!  I also used some glossy accents on the font work on the banner to make it stand out from the patterned background.
For the inside, I used just the same mats as the front and added a heart I cut and stamped from the Art Philosophy group as well.  I was so pleased with the way it turned out.  I would love to hear your comments.  Thanks so much for visiting today!  We sure appreciate it!

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card - as usual!!! LOVE that banner!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful beyond words and the banner is perfect with the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have done that so many times as well. LOL
    Awesome card. Love the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this card and I'm totally gonna CAS it! I hope thats ok... I have the same problem! In fact... after reading your post I realized I have those same chipboards and stamps that I have NEVER USED! UGH!!!! Sooooo in light of this wonderful card of yours... I'm totally gonna find my CTMH Chipboard and Stamps and make a simliar card... most likely the same exact one with different paper... tehehehe Thanks for the inspiration! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card!!! I have a different organizational problem.....my things get buried under other things ~ or ~ I am forced to clean up quickly and don't remember where I tucked them!! At least your things are hidden in a place that makes sense :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning! Love the outside and inside!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous vintage card,love how you used the chipboard,so inspiring!
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes it has happened to me!!! LOL!

    Bobby, I absolute LOVE your vintage card!!! And I absolutely love the lace!!! How vintage is that?!!! The little banner and all of it came together so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card. Love the banner and the colors are just awesome. My card party is tonight Bobby and I will be showing off many of your beautiful cards. Hopefully someone at the party will emulate your style. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is beautiful. Love all the little details. I think the fact that we forget what we have is a sign of a true crafter. (not that we have too much stuff)hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely! I love the vintage look you achieved with this card...so,so pretty! That lace is just gorgeous and I adore the banner. Thanks for posting about those chipboard shapes, I still have mine in a box somewhere in my craft room! Great idea with the flower soft, what a wonderful way to add texture and get the color you want! Another beauty my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH my gosh - I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this card!!! That banner is just too cute with the vintage image!
    hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool, love the love banner ha ha. I know what you mean about putting things away before you use them. In fact I have a set of buttons that I bought that I want to use so I did not put them away, I still have them on my desk for about 6 months now LOL. I will use them some day

    ReplyDelete