Friday, January 6, 2012

Well... It's the thought that counts...

Hey Ya'll,

Well... I guess the best I can say is... It's content for the blog.  I absolutely hate the way this card turned out.  Jill's cousin requested this card, wrote the sentiment and everything.  I have no idea what the story is behind this card, but I tried.
 She wanted 50 to look like it was inside all of the balloons.  I printed 50 on the computer and then cut out the little shapes.  I cut out the balloons with the Cricut and stuck down the 50 labels.  I then used glossy accents to make it look like it was in the balloons.  When she wrote the sentiment, it had something to do with these two characters.  I have never seen the movie, so I had no idea what they were.  (Well, I saw the new one... not the cartoon).  I found this image on Google, printed it on glossy paper and cut them out.
 I then used some markers and did some cartoon doodling on the background.  I used twine for the strings on the balloons... (this part I liked) and the front was done.
I have no idea what the inside means, but evidently Patricia will.  Hee! Hee!  We haven't heard anything yet, so hopefully they like it.  I don't mind helping someone out once in a while and making a card for them, but this is why I don't sell cards or do custom orders.  What in the world is this supposed to mean and how in the world was I supposed to make it into something to be proud of?  Really???

So... I have to know... What do you think of this and have you ever been put in this place?  I can't wait to hear your stories.  Thanks so much for visiting today.  I promise, the next time will be better!  BTW... I hated this enough that it inspired a new label for the blog.  It's simply called "Crap".  Hee! Hee!

14 comments:

  1. What a darling little card. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually hated these characters in the movie. But I really like your card. It's so colorful. I would not put it in the crap folder. LOL
    I have only made one custom order. It's hard to give people what they want, when sometimes they don't even know. LOL.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Back again.... sorry I had to run to take care of a customer before. I have heard the Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum but I have never seen that artwork and yet it fits.... Love the birght colors and the balloons. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya Bobby! I know "exactly" what Tweedledum and Tweedledee are all about. Well, at least in my case. LOL

    Check out my post here:
    http://ladybuglair.blogspot.com/2011/05/just-because-card.html

    Your card is adorable! TFS! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know either, but it ryhmes...LOL!!!!

    Don't know why you don't like the card though because I think it turned out so adorable! I like the tweedle-dum and tweedle-dee characters holding the balloons!

    You just really do great and unique cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the card turned out cute and I am sure she liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it is really cute - but I know what you mean! The hardest cards to make are the ones that someone requests specifically - sometimes makes it soooo hard to be creative and still fit in the right box!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure that Jill's cousin loves this card and I'm sure she had her reasons for wanting those specific characters....that said...this certainly isn't your style! But, it shows what a fabulous designer you are and how you are able to work outside the box with something you really are not familiar with or even comfortable with...lol! Toss the "crap" label and put "outside my comfort zone" instead!! I do love the bright, cheery colors! And while I'm here....Lola and I ~love~ our card! Oh my goodness...it's so amazing! My hubby came inside with the mail this afternoon and said, I don't know what this is, but Lola's too young to be receiving mail!! The card is just amazing, but you guys are even more amazing for such a sweet, sweet gesture! Lola and I send you both big hugs and many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! OMGOSH.... I'm still laughing at your post! It's totally CUTE! You may not like it but I do... I think it turned out wonderful and I'm sure the person who asked for it will like it as well... It's a great card and yes I think we all have at some point gotten some type of request for a card! I know I have and the lady wanted it changed like 12 times before I said I can't make it anymore... UGH! 1 or 2 requestes for a change is fine but when she passed that up I shook my head and said "It Ain't Worth the trouble"! LOL Your card is great and looks like you hit it right on the mark! :o)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it turned out really cute!! Plus, if it's what she wants then it's all good. I do have to admit that they weren't my favourite characters in the movie, but your card captured them well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You two make a great team!!! Sometimes it is best that the husband doesn't know everything the wife does ;P

    Sorry Bobby but us girls sometimes gotta stick together!!

    Very cute card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This just made me laugh, so so cute. Wanted to thank you for always making my day with your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OK, it's not your style, but it is really cute. Really shows what a great designer you are to be able to make something without knowing why. Your post really made me laugh. Thanks a bunch! I used to paint t-shirts. This woman requested a particular doll figure figure to represent her new granddaughter. It was hideous and I hated it but I did it. I ended up painting 5 more for all the extended grandmas and aunts. When I got through I tore up the pattern. Thank goodness I never had to do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your post made me laugh!! I think the card is bright and cheerful - and screams FUN! It's perfect for what was requested.
    I made a card last week that I hated. It has not - and will not - make it to my blog. But, seeing your card and reading your post makes me wonder if it's all just my imagination (as there is nothing wrong with your card, despite what you think)... Nah, the one I made really is bad!!

    ReplyDelete