Monday, January 2, 2012

Winter Wonderland Challenge...

Hey Ya'll,
Well, it's challenge time again over at My Craft Spot.  This week's challenge is "Winter Wonderland".  I had some fun coming up with my design, but it's a little different that someone would probably expect.
 I saw a design like this a while back created by Michelle on the Circle Blog.  I had this lacy kind of pearled trim that inspired the whole thing.  I used the Sophisticated Cartridge for the "SNOW".  The shadow layer is in navy and the white layer is in white textured.  I used stamps from My Craft Spot called... what else... "Winter Wonderland!"  Love these stamps!  I also used some navy baker's twine and navy seam binding for the bows.
 The base of the card is white and inked with a teal colored ink.  The bottom most mat is navy card stock and the edges are done using white acrylic paint.  The printed layer is a snowflake print from the Enjoy the Seasons Cricut Imagine Cartridge.  It is also edged with white acrylic paint.  The snowflakes are cut from the CTMH Art Philosophy Cartridge as well as the label shape for the stamping.
 I used gems in the center of the snowflakes.  I covered the frames with crystal stickles and then covered the letters with glossy accents.  The shapes on the bottom of the card are borders from the Sophisticated cartridges as well.  Finally, once it was all dry, I added some white snow using flower-soft.  I am getting really addicted to this stuff!
For the inside, I stamped the sentiment from the "Winter Wonderland" set as well.  Just added a couple of extra snowflakes on the inside as well.

Well, I hope you like our project for this week!  Please comment and let me know what you think.  Don't forget to stop by My Craft Spot so see what the other amazing designers have come up with and to get in on the challenge!  Also, Kimberly just announced some wonderful new stamps just in time for Valentine's Day with a couple of new products too!

19 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, love how you add the acrylic paint on the navy cs, tfs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty!!! LOVE all the layers!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Looks wintry. Now I want hot chocolate. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty - love the navy blue!
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow,so gorgeous and elegant.Glad you had a good Christmas and wishing you a very Happy New Year.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very very pretty....love all the layers and since I have been lucky to receive one of your cards, I just know it look much much better in person! Happy New Year Cricut Couple!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful...so soft and light and airy! I love those snowflakes, they are so delicate looking...just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGOSH!! Amazing card! I love your attention to detail & the color scheme. Your card makes me want to curl up in front of a fire with some hot chocolate:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful!!! I love and adore the trim on it too!!!

    Well, another fabulous project from you, my friend!

    Hope you and Jill enjoyed a nice quiet New Year's!!!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely stunning! I LOVE all the layering and the colors are fantastic! Just beautiful!!!!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! I love seeing your 'works of art'! Great dimension!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year, Bobby & Jill! Hope 2012 brings you tons of happiness.

    I know you make "me" happy --- just by visiting your blog. Love seeing what you've created. :-)

    Thanx for showing soooo many diff. ways of using this cart.

    Beautiful card, BTW! :-) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, as always a BEAUTIFUL card. I jsut love all the layers and the dimension that your cards offer. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a GORGEOUS card and it can be adapted for many other themes!!! I love all the detail you add to your creations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a very pretty snow card! I really love the pearls in the middle and the paint dabber added for snowy affect. Very pretty card! Hugs, Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh WOW! LOVE your card... Soooo pretty...
    LOVE the glitter and that ribbon with the pearls... and it's got blue... my favorite color! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your card is so regal! I love the SNOW letters - gorgeous!! All your details are fabulous!
    (And I do apologize that it's taken me a week to get here. I was off last week enjoying time off with the family. It was heaven!)

    ReplyDelete