Friday, January 20, 2012

With Sympathy...

Hey Ya'll,
Well, today's card is a Sympathy Card.  These can be so difficult to make sometimes and are usually without notice, so I thought I would share in hopes that it may make things easier for you if you ever have to make one quickly.  This one took me about 30 minutes with cutting everything.
 I loaded up the layers for the With Sympathy greeting from the Phrases cartridge and got the E2 cutting everything.  I cut my mats and inked everything. Then I added the lace and the phrase layers.  I had a couple of leaves already cut, so I added a couple of them.  I used a piece of scrap paper from the mats and grabbed a Martha Punch and punched out the flowers.  I rolled them just a bit with a stylus and added them to the card.  Then I added the pearls in the middle.
When it was together, I added glossy accents to the words.  I didn't have time for it to dry before I took pics of it, so it's a little cloudy in the pictures.  On the inside, I just added a white mat for everyone to sign.  I had to put this together quickly before I went to work so that everyone could sign it.  A friend at work lost their son in a very tragic way.  These things are never easy, but I still know that a hand made card, made with love, will mean more to him than someone stopping by a quick shop on the way to work.

Thanks so much for visiting today!  It's getting very busy around here.  Tomorrow, I have a fun announcement thanks to Pam over at The Bug Bytes, I have some really fun projects coming to you featuring some new stamps from My Craft Spot "WITH CANDY" on the 24th and then again during my Sassy DT spot on the 26th with She's a Sassy Lady.  Lots of new things on their way.  We hope you have a wonderful day!  Thanks so much for sharing your time with us today and we would love to hear your comments on today's card.

10 comments:

  1. Bobby this is such a beautiful card. I just love the colors and the simple lines make it look elegant. I try to keep a couple on had becasue you are right you don't know until it is needed. I think I may have to make some more to keep on hand and I will try to make them as nice as yours. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really is pretty. I love that you used color. That always intimidates me. You have inspired me to make a few to have on hand. Thanks for the design inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card ... if you can say that about a sympathy card. I love the shiny letters - they turned out very well and really make the card. I am sure the family who receives the card will appreciate your handcrafted efforts.

    Barb from Toronto, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  4. How true ~ sympathy cards are the most difficult to make. Maybe making them ahead of time would be easier? This card is very pretty especially with the colors you used. Love all the inspiration your blog brings. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is beautiful. I have had so many deaths in my family over the last 12 months that I am HOPING (ok praying) that I won't need a sympathy card any time soon. BUT if I do, this is going to be the one I copy.

    Tee
    http://tee-myspot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. It may have been a quick card BUT it turned out gorgeous.. And I am sure will be treasured

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card. I really like all of the layers you used.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is lovely. I really like the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My heart goes out to the family that lost their son. Your card is lovely and I'm sure it was well appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really is a beautiful card and just perfect for a sympathy card. I'm so sorry to read of the circumstances for which it was made.
    Looking forward to seeing your My Craft Spot creations!!

    ReplyDelete